cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco DSLAM compatibility

N/A

Cisco DSLAM compatibility

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone is running the Cisco 837 device on +net and if so what problems have you had. I am looking to upgrade to this for F/W and VPN purposes and cause i know the Cisco's backwards.

Any comments or additions would be most welcome. :cheese:

Adios
Dale
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Cisco DSLAM compatibility

> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering if anyone is running the Cisco 837 device on +net and if so what problems have you had. I am looking to upgrade to this for F/W and VPN purposes and cause i know the Cisco's backwards.
>
> Any comments or additions would be most welcome. :cheese:
>
> Adios
> Dale

What DSLAMS are +NET using.Huh or are they provided by BT.?? This would aid in answering my compatability question.

As the Cisco is compliant and tested with the following:

Alcatel ASAM 1000 AME Chipset
Alcatel 7300 AME Chipset
Lucent Stinger AME Chipset
ECI ADI 918 Chipset
ECI ADI 930 Chipset
Siemens XpressLink 2.0 TI Chipset
Siemens XpressLink 2.1 TI Chipset
N/A

The whole of the UK (aside from LLU providers) use BT DSLAM's.

There is very little known about the hardware and setup that BT uses.

My sugestion would be to ask on the adslguide.org.uk forums. They should be able to help you more, and give you advice for getting it tested.
chino
Grafter

For people who want to know what DSLAMS are try: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/dsl.htm (follow the full 6 pages)

You are correct BT run all the DSLAMS as far as i know but maybe in hull they have there own as they have there own telephone network.

I would try ISPreview.co.uk forums as they are very active and they might be able to help you...

Good Luck...

cUnDaLl
N/A

Thanks all, very much appreciate you time and advice, i have also mailed BT so if i get a response i shalll post it here.

Regards and enjoy the lovely weather if you in LDN

:kill:
bluewhale
Rising Star

some modems seem to show the chipset of the dslam at the exchange, eg conexant usb modems, so you may be able to find out what bt has at the exchange that way, although it could change of course..