cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheep dabs.com router +4 PCs connected to PlusNet no probs

N/A

The CE84 I got from dabs is hooked up and working perfectly in the following System:

4 PCs all connected to the CE84 (dabs code 17P8WS) via RJ45, all runing WIN98SE.

The Router is connected to a slave BT socket (using the dabs microfilter 2876WS) about 10m from the master socket. The master socket has a microfilter for the main telephone/answer machine and Caller id box.

Any of the PCs can individually access the web (all configured using server assigned IP) and all work in harmony together

Connected to PlusNet (www.plus.net) on their ADSL home package (£21.99/month) - very straightforward to setup, just use the defaults on the router CD and the few details plusnet provide. I've been using this for about 2 weeks now and have not had one drop-out. Would highly recommend them (if you sign up with them please use my referal id "phouse").

Download speed is just under 500K/s at peak times in the evening. Not measured it at other times yet (lots of downloads on the go!).

microfilters work perfectly for the phone - can't hear any noise while the ADSL is switched on.
Mark :lol:
1 REPLY
mitchell20
Grafter

Hi phouse

Always nice to see positive comments in here Cheesy