cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking my usage

Fixes: 116

Checking my usage

I am interested in checking my actual usage against the VMBU.

Does anyone know how to do this with the Solwise SAR130. Is there something built-in? So far I have not been able to find anything.

Cheers

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Checking my usage

The router itself does not keep track of traffic usage, you have to run some software on your PC to do that.

If you have more than 1 PC connected then it will be very difficult to get accurate figures to compare with the VMBU because you will need to add up the figures for all PCs first.

Also if your router is running in NAT mode, you will not see any of the traffic that the router blocked which will also add to the inacuracy of your data.

Also if you transfer data between PCs then that again will affect your totals because that will not be data that went over your ADSL connection.
FooAtari
Grafter

Checking my usage

I use PRTG to monitor my useage from the router, a Linksys WAG54G which supports SNMP. So far the VMBU has not been too far out...
Fixes: 116

Checking my usage

Thanks for the info.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still