cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check of how many current users there are on a exchange ?

tarquel
Grafter

Hi all

Just a simple question...

Is there anyway to find out - some website or something - how many users there are currently receiving broadband on a particular exchange?

Note, that I'm not asking for malicious reasons, I'm just wondering how many people have taken up broadband on my exchange since it got activated last Sept, as I helped campaign to drum up interest here.

It'd be interesting to see how many actually got it when it became available.

Any links would be most handy - tried the usual adslguide and samknows sites but can only find whether the exchange is activated or not and pre-reg info - no actual "usage" stats so-to-speak.

Regards,
nathan.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Go here: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php

Enter your exchange name in the search box and click on your exchange name that shows up. Under General information it will show the following:

Serves (approx): 14,194 residential premises
517 non-residential premises

Hope this helps.

Laters
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Isn't that the number of properties that the exchange serves, i.e has a phone line there, not that has an adsl connection? One thing that makes me ask that is my exchange serves nearly 4000 people according to that page. My village only has a population of 10000, so I can't see almost half the people in my village having broadband, assuming they are all living on there own.

Phil
tarquel
Grafter

Thanks for the replies so far but the question still remains...

how many people current *have* adsl on a particular exchange? ...not how many possible users can there be Smiley

Regards
N
N/A

It's impossible to tell.

ISPs do not supply the data, and there are too many of them to collect it from to be accurate anyhow.

BT don't supply the data, because it is sensative information both for there business and would likely break there contracts with their customers (the ISPs).