cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my +net package, do i need to?

N/A

I am currently on the "ADSL Broadband Home" package (£39.99 a month) I took this out quite a fair bit before the talk of FUP and the changes to the packages offered. I got this package as it offered the highest speed availiable at the time, (2MB) which I have been enjoying so far without any problems.
I have just been looking through the new packages and have see the "Broadband Premier - Upto 8MB" package for £39.99.
Should I change to this? it doesnt cost anymore money but appears to offer the possibility of a higher speed than what I am currently on.

Im assuming these 8 MB speeds are still not availiable and if so, when are they likely to come about.

Any help on this wouldbe appreciated as I cant seem to make any sense of it from other posts!
6 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

What I would do is downgrade to Premier (Upto 2Mb) now, experience your 2Mb for a merer £21.99/month and then as and when 8Mb speeds start to surface, which still isn't going to be for a while, you can then upgrade to them.

The upgrade is likely to incur a small fee (most likely £14.99), but this will be much less than the amount you will save by downgrading to £21.99 now.

Unfortunately, it's a bit of a Plusnet con, keeping all the people who are currently paying £29.99 and £39.99 completely oblivious to the fact they could downgrade for free to £21.99. And guess what? They're still accepting signups on the Broadband Upto 4Mb and Upto 8Mb higher priced packages, yet cannot provide them at the moment.
lowry
Grafter

Taking sign-ups to a product that doesn't exist - only PlusNet could think of that Wink

matt Wink
N/A

thanks for th advise. I think im going to take advantage of the £18 a month saving!
N/A

Taking sign-ups to a product that doesn't exist - only PlusNet could think of that

= FraudHuh :shock:
Community Veteran

Not quite I don't think they tell you that the speed isn't available as yet, but you will be first in line when it is - it is rather deciving though!
Alecto
Grafter

But remember that even if /when it becomes available, your line might not support it, so you'll have paid an extra £18 a month for nothing. I don't think they are going to refund it in that case, do you?