cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from Broadband home to broadband premier...

N/A

Hi as far as I know I just went through the correct steps to upgrade my account from Broadband home to Broadband premier. Should I recieve some kind of confirmation or is there somewhere I can check the status?

Also how do I check what the maximum speed I will be able to support is? I have seen people running tests e.g. SNR and line Attenuation..what is this and how do I do it?
4 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Do you use a router or a USB Modem? A lot of routers give this information, most USB Modems do not.

Other than that, you can get Plusnet to perform a "whoosh" test to give the figures you need (raise a link:Contact Us ticket to get that done). Other than that you can either simply apply for the regrade and see what you get, or wait until the free upgrades occur and see what you get.
N/A

The exchange is about 100 metres from me, does that help? Also I have a Binatone ADSL 2100 router and can't find that setting.
LiamM
Grafter

If thats the case, then it's likely you'll be able to receive all current speeds, and most probably 8Mb also.

That is, unless, your line takes some crazy path to your house, which I guess isn't all that impossible.

The checker at http://www.samknows.com/broadband gives a relatively good idea of speed availability.
N/A

It says i'm 224 metres away from the exchange...not too far, and no hills or diversions in sight.

P.S

Any idea when 8mb will be available? (It sounds tasty Cool )