cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from 1Mb £29.99 to £14.99

dscott
Dabbler

My home circumstances have recently changed and even with the recent price drop, I'm finding it hard to justify the £29.99 per month subscription for all the amount of time I spend on the web: I spend no more than a couple of hours in the evening at most on the web, and about the same at the weekends just with general browsing, downloading the occassional game demo and music files. A pc in my son's room also means that occassionaly we're both connected at the same time via a router.

I'll be grateful if someone can advise if I'd notice a difference if I dropped down to the basic 1Mb package for £14.99 per month, and also what download/time restrictions this would entail. Details of any costs involved will also be gratefully received. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best wishes,
David
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

The only real difference other than the price is the amount of included bandwidth / data transfer with the account, if you goto the View My Usage tool in Connection Settings on the portal you can see how much you are currently using and what the best package would be for your bandwidth requirements.

Chris
dscott
Dabbler

Thanks for the quick reply Chris. After doing as you suggest, I'll probably be better with the £14.99 + 2Gb package for now. Can you advise of any fees involved in changing to this new rate (and will I have to pay the fee before the change or as part of my normal direct debit) and also advise if my web connection will be lost for 5-7 days while the order is processed.

Your help is much appreciated.

Best wishes,
David
Community Veteran

Yep, as above except your usage figures may not be accurate at the moment - there has been a problem with the figures since yesterday. So I would wait a few days for PN to sort that out then check your usage.

FYI: the new broadband home lite 1Mb with 1GB inclusive usage has exactly the same featres as your current account + you also get anti-virus & anti-spam filtering for free.

The 1Mb 1GB inclusive usage is for people just like you who want a fast ADSL connection but don't use it much. If you do decide 1GB is not enough you can just upgrade to the next usage limit for free (but pay the extra charge per month for the new package ofcourse).