cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing connection from Binatone to Netgear DG834G[

N/A

I am changing my broadband connection from the Binatone modem provided by Plus to a Netgear DG834G, to allow a wireless connection to an XBox and laptop using a WGE101 Ethernet bridge.

I would be interested to hear from anyone else who is using this setup for any advice - I am planning to do install it at the weekend. In particular, can the Netgear Wizard be trusted to set up the connection correctly. Also there are a number of posts about the Netgear units dropping the connection and requiring a reset - is this just during ftp or will it affect XBox live connection?

I am not expeienced in the setup of network devices so any tips would be appreciated.

[Moderator's note (by csogilvie): BBCode tags do not work in the Subject line so I have removed them.]
2 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

I have a netgear router and the setup wizard works like a treat, just enter your user Id and password and it's up and running...simple.

As far as disconnections, just make sure you set the idle time to 0. I rarely have to reset mine, about once every 5 months.
N/A

Thanks for the help.

Its all set up & working with no significant problems (once I found there is a neighboring wireless network).
Cheesy