cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to Business Broadband

N/A

So, after reading on this fourm I discovered about the Cap! which, contrary to what I have been told on the phone was NOT in the Terms when i signed up!

So, thats ok, but I want to now moved to the Buisness broadband, which is cheaper then the BB premier im on, £39.99 per month, the business one, which is exactly the same, with a better contention ration is only 34.99 per month.

But to move I need to pay a fee! Thats a little unfair, since I did not know about the cap in the first place!

What i dont get tho, is why a home package is more expensive then the Business one!

Is there anyway I can move without paying the fee? If not then I am thinking about moving to another provider!

Thanks

londonboi
3 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Welcome to the forums.

The home package isn't more expensive than the business one. Home Premier 2Mb is now £21.99/month and has been for months. Plusnet just didnt tell you, and moved you onto their "Upto 8Mb" product automatically. This means that when 8Mb is available in your area, you will automatically be upgraded to it if your line supports it.

You could have downgraded for free back in April and paid almost half-price, but PN didn't tell anyone about it.

And 8Mb isn't even out of being trialled yet and may not even be available until next year.

So, Business Broadband isn't cheaper than Home Broadband - it's just you've been paying over the odds for months.
N/A

Quckest way is to ask PlusNet to downgrade you to the Premier up to 2MB product as this will be for free. (This has been offered by Plusnet to all those people who do not want to continue paying the higher price while waiting for the 8 MB product but realise they would need to pay £14.99 to change to it when and if it ever comes out!)

Once on this ask for an upgrade to the business product which will also be free as it is classed as an upgrade so no charge.
LiamM
Grafter

That's a very good idea actually!

However, given that if you downgrade for free to 2Mb, you then get charged for the upgrade back to 8Mb, they may charge for the upgrade to business.