cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Home No.

N/A

Change Home No.

Hi there.

My sister has dslConnect250 with PN - However she needs to change the home number (the number where the ADSL is registered)...

Now, what would be the procedure for this.. as I believe this would be a problem..

Are they are fees involved with regards to PN and BTW?

Glen
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Change Home No.

It would automatically cease the adsl service and she would have to pay another activation fee. BT will charge £40 iirc for the change of a phone number unless she is getting funny phone calls and it has been offically investigated by BT.

Chris
N/A

Change Home No.

You could probably argue with BT that they should pay the charges beened to keep the service.

However, this as Chris said, be dependant on the reasons for the the number change.

However, I would get the details in writting from BT first.
N/A

Change Home No.

It's because an ex-boyfriend keeps pestering her... So I would say a genuine reason!

I need to contact PN direct to find out whether there would be any money to pay back for the dslConnect service... if it does get cancelled by BT.

Then of course an activation fee again...
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Change Home No.

Hi,

I've seen this happen many times in the past where changing any details on the phone bill will cause BT to request a cease of all services on that line including ADSL.
If it is just a re-number, i.e. because you've bought a "golden number" or have been getting funny calls it should be OK but as Philip says I would get BT to confirm it in writing first.
N/A

Change Home No.

I just realised this is touch and go.

This does said legitimate questions that need to be raise at 3rd party suppliers as well as BT here, seeing as it is a DSL Connect service.

From a PlusNet perspective, this could be looked at the same way as a change of address. In other words, they wouldn't perminate the contract or see your forfeit any fees, btu rather change your for reactivation.

WIth normal DSL service, the rest of it lies with BT, however, DSL connect being a 3rd party supplier, means that money goes to other places.

As such, the sugestions are to contact BT and find out that this can eb done for free. You will need to follow the nuceince caller proceedure, which I am sure you can guess.

Once you find out this can be done with BT, then inform then there is a a DataStream based DSL service on the line (this should alert them to the type of complications involved).

You need it in writting that BT will keep the service on the line, or make sure that suppliers are aware that the service should be placed back without charge from any party.

However, I wonder if PlusNet can get the supplier to informa that what would go on there side. Doe they tie the line by phone number? How would this be changed in this circumstance? Will they charge regardless of BT's instructions?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Change Home No.

If it's treated as a renumber and the ADSL service isn't ceased then just updating our records should suffice (which is done without charge). BT Wholesale's records would be automatically updated when the renumber completes.
N/A

Change Home No.

But what about Tiscali?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Change Home No.

We have a "shared" customer database with them which we'd update the phone number in. The only other record they have is with BT Wholesale, which Wholesale themselves would update.