cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catching a taxi outta here

N/A

Hi

After the parents upgraded at the beginning of april from the 2mb plus (6gb limit) to the new option 2 (8mb and 8gb limit) things really haven't changed at all. The service has been very slow on and off peak. This was according to my younger brother as ive been away at uni.

Just come back and the speed test shows we are at about twice the speed of dial-up :x On the old 2mb plus service we reached the download limit and obviously needed to change, now i see that we have used on 4gb out of our allowed 8gb and still the service has remained at about 140kbps this whole month.

Ive raised a request for a MAC code and im pretty sure the nice guy on the phone like last time will not be able to convince my parents to stay. Il chat with him if need be, but i would prefer it if a MAC code was sorted asap rather than trying to make us stay.

Thanks
21 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Have you run the BT Speed Test? What is your IP Profile showing as on there? If that is what is causing your problem then it will be the same with any provider.

Also what is your data transfer speed showing as?

Phil
James
Grafter

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you're looking at leaving, but I may have managed to fix your speed problem!

I've made some changes at this end and hopefully once you have rebooted your connection, you should see faster speeds.
N/A

Link
Shot at 2007-06-27

Bt speedtest results

Rebooted just now and the speed test shows 135kbps Sad
N/A

I'll join you! it'll probably cost me £££'s to leave even though i been with them over a year.
James
Grafter

Iain,

Have you rebooted your router as well as the computer?

@ Aberlondon

If you look at my reply to your other post, I'd strongly suggest that you look at BBYW Option 2.
N/A

double post
N/A

Rebooted the router after that screenshot of the BT test, then the 135kbps speed i mentioned was after PC and router reboots. I have checked the settings in the router (ppoa, vlc, etc) and all is ok.

Plus we are on BBYW option 2, just checked the account area :?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I've spotted an error on your line profile and sent it over to the network guys to correct.
N/A

Do we all have to threaten to leave to get this kind of service. I've been with you for 5 years, I've upgraded to Option 4 and I'm getting

The speed test has completed on test server speedtester1.nat.bt.com for user and you have downloaded a 1.7Mb file at a speed of

847 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.
Community Veteran

What speed are you syncing at and what IP profile is set on your line - the BT speedtest should state this?

Have you raise a speed fault so PN can investigate your problem?
James
Grafter

Guys,

You don't have to jump up and down on forums to have your faults looked into. This can be done by going to http://faults.plus.net

However, we would be more than happy to offer suggestions in here.
N/A

Guys,

You don't have to jump up and down on forums to have your faults looked into. This can be done by going to http://faults.plus.net

However, we would be more than happy to offer suggestions in here.

hehe it works though :lol:

Thanks for sorting that out, for once i can actually load up more than one website at a time. Im still taking the MAC address issued and migrating over to 'be' as i feel their faster speed, and no stick download limits are geared more towards the amount of usage we will be using this year (especially with me back from uni for a year).

Thanks
James
Grafter

Glad it's working Smiley

When I said that you don't need to jump up and down in here, I meant that this is a community support forum. we're here to help you guys out!
N/A

Glad it's working Smiley

When I said that you don't need to jump up and down in here, I meant that this is a community support forum. we're here to help you guys out!

Of course, and these forums do work wonders Cheesy

Great customer service !