cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caps?

N/A

Caps?

wanadoo broadband originally freeserve are going to do limitations on the bandwidth in later 2004, hope this isn't a thing all isp's will follow, at the end of the day we pay our monthly fee and we get our bandwidth.

What you reckon guys? :?
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Caps?

The new products already have a capped version so yes. all ISPs are likely to follow suit. PlusNet have said their existing products will not change so if you are on an uncapped product , that is how it will stay unles you decide to move to a different product.
N/A

Caps?

I was hoping PlusNet wouldn't go down this route. The main reason for me to migrate from my old ISP was that they kept "moving the goalposts" and then having the audacity to deny it, it was like working in the Ministry of Truth from Nineteen Eighty-Four!
N/A

Caps?

Yes, but PlusNet has provided far different products to these capped ISPs.

Instead of a single capped product, and possibly an expensive uncapped product, they have created a wide range of service, which if you have noted, are cheaper even on the uncapped versions.

The fact they are not forcing users off the old products is very good. The only reason I can forsee them to do this, is if BT force withdraw the old product line, in which case, I can see PlusNet having to take the financial hit to transfer customers accross.
N/A

Caps?

Can someone give me a link to the Terms and Conditions? Call me a cynic, but I've been here before.
N/A

Caps?

Visit any other part of the portal, and click "Legal" at the base of the page.

This footer is missing on the forums.
N/A

Caps?

There's always an "opt-out" clause, isn't there!

20.1 We may change this Contract, including our charges, at any time.

Wink
N/A

Caps?

Yes. IIRC, if they make a change that directly affects the terms of your product, then there is a 14 day opt out.

Changing the contract to add new product terms in doesn't effect you.

If you make the choice to move over too the product though, this doesn't apply, as you made the choice to move to it, rather than PlusNet making the changes to your account.

This doesn't mean your rights are affected though, and a 14 day period exists.

If BT withdraw the product, PlusNet have no choice but to change your product.
N/A

Caps?

Iv'e noticed though that only the 512k cheap product £14.99 is capped the normal ADSL Home service which is £21.99 is not capped at all, so i guess their just trying to bring ADSL cheaper to home users but capping the service.
N/A

Caps?

Indeed, but then how would you sugest an ISP provide a "rock bottom price" product without some form of limitation?

Costs don't disappear into thin air.

Many users do not use that much data, and as such are easily able to get away with £14.99 a month.

This is now somthing they are given the choice of.
N/A

Caps?

I agree and i think it's a good idea for people that want broadband but only want to pay £14.99. and like you said most people wont reach the cap levels.

Smiley
Tyreal74
Grafter

Caps?

i was quite worried about this, ive been downloading alot lately just under 19gb this month....and i was worried about a cap

i ahd to re downlaod a game trial go knows how many times at 1gb a time....i just hope they dont introduce caps
michaelscott
Grafter

Caps?

Look at this thread and you'll see that 19Gb is nothing :lol:
N/A

Caps?

that all makes my 5gb look like nothing.

i thought i'd be a mass downloader when i got broadband - but there really isn't that much to download Tongue
Tyreal74
Grafter

Caps?

lol 19 gb is something when youve only been home to your house 15 times ina month and even then its ony for about 2 hours LOL