cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect, using speedtouch usb with windows 98

N/A

Cannot connect, using speedtouch usb with windows 98

am still getting the same error I have been getting since I opened this account. The error message is error 678 "The computer you dialled is not answering"

I am using an alcatel usb speedtouch modem, the icon is green and it appears to be sending bytes but receiving nothing. My operating system is windows 98. Very frustrating, think i've tried absolutely everything , grateful for any suggestions
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

RE: Cannot connect, using speedtouch usb with windows 98

This is quite common.

Create a normal Windows dialup networking entry instead and try using that. Make sure the settings are as those illustrated in the support pages on the portal. If this fails they unistalling the modem, restart the machine, then reinstall.

Chris
N/A

Hi

Try this, open your web browser (assuming OE here) go to
-tools
-Internet options
-then select connections
Make sure you have "never dial a connection" selected.

Hope this helps

Jon

> am still getting the same error I have been getting since I opened this account. The error message is error 678 "The computer you dialled is not answering"
>
> I am using an alcatel usb speedtouch modem, the icon is green and it appears to be sending bytes but receiving nothing. My operating system is windows 98. Very frustrating, think i've tried absolutely everything , grateful for any suggestions

N/A

Thanks for suggestions, reinstalled with cd and had line reset, working now