cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect SAR110 Via Hub/Switch

plusnetjunky
Dabbler

I just got enabled and after some initial headscratching managed to get the PlusNet supplied SAR110 router connected directly to my PCs NIC and it all appears to be working.

I can ping the router (still on 192.168.7.1).

However, if I instead I attach the router to my hub/switch via the special crossover/uplink port the router recognises the hub (PC light lights up) but I cannot ping it or connect to it in any way (obviously my PC is also connected to the same hub/switch).

I can ping other machines on the same network, just not the router - yet reconnect the router direct to the PC again and it is fine.

What's up? How do I connect to the SAR110 via a hub/switch so I can share the connection with my other PC?

Stuart
3 REPLIES
craigbrass
Grafter

If there is a reset button on the router, hold it in for 5 seconds and then reset your network hub, restart all the comps on the network and you should be able to connect to the router and reimput all the settings.

Thanks,
Craig Brass
N/A

You need to make sure you are connecting the router to the uplink port of the switch/hub.

On some, it requires that a button be pressed on the switch/hub to make it function in uplink mode.

You may also find you are using the incorrect cable to connect the router to the switch/hub.

You are best using a straight (also known as a patch) cable to connect the router to the hub/switch.

Only use the crossover cable when connecting two PCs/devices directly together, or when adding a second switch/hub to the existing hub/switch
plusnetjunky
Dabbler

Thanks FlashASP.

I thought I already did that - but did it again exactly as you described and hey-presto it worked.

It like looking in the airing cupboard for the other sock and can't find it even though you looked twice - but get someone else to look at there it is right under your nose...sods law I think they call it Wink

Stuart