cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canary Wharf Exchange

N/A

Canary Wharf Exchange

Anyone living in/around canary wharf using this exchange and having problems with maintaining a DSL Sync?

I have had this problem for over a month now (and saw it to a much lesser extent back in October last year), raised a ticked, escalated to BT (who can find no fault)...It's not a problem with my equipment - I have a stable connection after ~11pm every night, but during the day, it's worse then useless with DSL sync failures (and auto reconnects) every 1-5 minutes... Sad

From the timing of the stable/unstable connect states, makes me think it's something that PN are doing...

Edit: BTW, I'm on PN's Homeworker (same as Teleworker I suppose) Pro package, so am not supposed to have any kind of usage limits imposed...or so I think anyway :/
11 REPLIES
N/A

Canary Wharf Exchange

It is very unlikely that the disconnects are down to the ISP.

When your connection drops, does the synch light go out or flash?

The following Tutorials may be of help:-

ADSL Trouble Shooting

ADSL Wiring and Filters

Most connection problems are down to the end users configuration, filters or internal wiring. next is a BT line or exchange issue.
N/A

Canary Wharf Exchange

And I'll re-iterate - After 11pm, the connection works fine for several hours...

So, unless BT are lying when they say they've tested and found no fault, the only alternative I see is the ISP..

When the conn drops, the sync light goes out, then starts flashing immediately as it atttempts to resync, then goes back to steady once sync has been made again... takes about 1 min to re-establish the sync once it has been dropped.
Community Veteran

Canary Wharf Exchange

that is a sync failure, which is a fault at your exchange, it would seem that BT don't want to admit they have a fault as they can't be bothered fixing it.

It could be a contention or capacity fault as the problem only exists during peak times

Could also be line noise, are you able to provide and line noise stats from your router or modem, if not which one are you using?
N/A

Canary Wharf Exchange

quadros, the loss of sync is not something PN can easily cause either by accident or design... the majority of sync failures are due to issues with the CPE or the line between the exchange and the user...
Ritey
Grafter

Canary Wharf Exchange

loss of sync, disconnections, line drops wotever u want to call it..... it cant be the users fault if ppl from different parts of the country are having exactly the same issues. and in a lot of cases at exactly the same time.

ok, maybe its a router incompatibility issue BUT, that issue has occured after PN/BT has done something different to their "traffic shaping" etc. , Unless that is, Uri Geller is spoon bending on us all :roll:
N/A

Canary Wharf Exchange

Trouble is not everyone is experiencing problems - My connection has been as solid as a rock for months - the only down time recently was when I unplugged the ruddy thing by mistake - so it isn't a total outage and it is not just affecting one type of router. I'm not convinced it is a PN issue - I think it is more likely to be on BT's side...

I've had a chat with a couple of friends today on other ISP's (Demon, BTO amongst others) and they've had problems as well...

As a side thought I wonder of the exchanges which people are having problems with how many of them have been MAX ADSL enabled?
Ritey
Grafter

Canary Wharf Exchange

My exchange is not DSLMax enabled.

To be honest i dont care if its BTs fault or not. I pay my money to PN. They are my point of call. If they they hav probs with BT they should acknowledge it and get on to it.

Ive found a couple of good isps that will get my business if all else fails. And ill still keep a dialup account here, just so i can advertise how im getting on.... :idea:

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceding post removed as it is unnecessary and against the rules]
N/A

Canary Wharf Exchange

Take a look here at Dave's post (top of the page) and see which gateway your on...[/url]
N/A

Canary Wharf Exchange

currently on ptn-ag1, but often when I have the sync failures, i reconnect to different gateways...often a different one each successive failure and reconnect...it goes from a ptn to a pte to an "unknown".. :/

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceding post removed as it is unnecessary and against the rules]
N/A

Canary Wharf Exchange

If the unknown is juniper3 then that's the one I'm on and its been rock steady....
Community Veteran

Canary Wharf Exchange

I am on ptn-ag2, never had a disconnection apart from the LCP Echo Fault in november and any routine work that PN/BT are doing on the network

One thing I'd like to point out is that no matter which ISP you go to (unless its cable) if you have a fault on your exchange you are still going to get Sync Disconnections, lucky PN are one of the fewer ISPs that have a good relationship with BTw.

I personally think we should be given some sort of access to eCO, or be given a copy of all correspondance between BTw & PN when they raise a fault