cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Binatone modem on XP

N/A

No matter what I do I can't get the ADSL 500 modem to install on my XP system (and from this forum I can see I'm not alone).

If I follow the printed instructions then part way through another instance of the process is started (and unsurprisingly only one is allowed at a time). Then when the initial process completes I am told it didn't work and to call technical support.

I have download and installed the latest version of the XP service pack. I have made sure I have the latest version of the USB drivers. I have tried to install the modem every which way and am baffled.

Anybody managed it after similar difficulties? And what did you do?
6 REPLIES
N/A

I havn't got the modem in question. Does the CD auto-run?

If so, have you tried placing the files on your HD, and trying it that way?
N/A

The CD does autorun. I also downloaded the latest version of the files from the web and have run them from my hard drive.

I'm pretty sure I've been through all variations I can think of and can't get the installation to work.
N/A

I had the exact same problem. I had windows XP with the relevant service pack. Halfway through the install I'd also get the Binatone welcome screen again, and at the end of it a message saying there was an error. I even went to the extra expense of buying another ADSL modem, and this too did not want to install ! I eventually took the drastic step of reformatting my PC and re-installing XP. After that, the modem install worked fine.
N/A

Wow that's a bit drastic. Surely there must be another way.
Did you install all the service packs etc as well before you tried to install the modem?
N/A

I agree, it was drastic and not a route I particularly wanted to take. Yes, I had Service pack 1 on and all the Microsoft updates since then, so my software was up to date.

But I can confirm that the modem does work with XP. After I reinstalled, the modem installed without any problems.
ESL
Grafter

Hi,

I just got mine on Tuesday and it installed on XP just fine. My system had SP1 and is fully up to date with all MS Updates. Sorry I can't help, except to say that it can install OK onto XP.

I have got a problem installing it ono my Win98SE partition, but that's an altogether different story Sad

George