cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Wiptech Icon in XP

N/A

Having just rebuilt my PC with new motherboard, processor, hard drive etc etc I have now upgraded to XP Pro (was on WIN98SE before) and just tried loading the ADSL modem software (Dynamode - A360). This went through the procedure no probs but the Wiptech icon was not posted on the desktop. Tried uninstalling and going through again but still no joy - I followed the instructions to the letter (not installing modem usb etc) but still no joy. I have set up my pc as a dual boot Win98/XP - could this affect things? Obviously I'm starting up in XP to load the software and no the shortcut is not on the WIN98 desktop either. Anybody got any hints as to what the problem might be? Typed this in using my old PC.
Thanks
Glenbo
5 REPLIES
N/A

hi

i had the same problems with this modem,in the end i bought a network card and a zoom x3 router,because i could not get the a360 to work!
keithcalder
Grafter

Running xp, same modem, no problems. I just loaded the drivers first, then rebooted and plugged in the usb and away it went without ant problems. Have you looked under the hardware manager tab to see all the drivers are in correctly? Having built your own machine, I assume you know where the tabs are to get to the hardware manager window..
N/A

Managed to sort the problem this morning - one of my main usb 2.0 controller driver was not installed properly. So I plugged it into the usb 1 expansion card and the icon fired up ok and I have the pc on line now.
This is a little confusing if you are used to Win98 as the icon is installed on the desktop at a different stage. Anyway problem sorted - just need to get the right usb drivers to finish the job.
Thanks for the help.
N/A

im having the same problem but i cant resolve it. again same modem same version of windows. it loads the drives in ok and the adsl control icom apears in the quick start bar ok, but when i acctually plug the usb in a box appears on the desktop that says "process going on" this stays there for about 5 minutes, then nothing. the wip tech icon appears in the "connet to" bar in the start menu but its just a dead shortcut it dosent do anything, ive tried to manually put in my details using the connection wizard but again at the end it just gives me a dead shortcut, and if i try to click on its propities an error box comes up. Please help all worked fine on windows2000. are there any updated drivers for this modem or something? Does anyone from plus.net know? any help welcome.
keithcalder
Grafter

I would uninstall all your modem drivers and try a fresh install, as for drivers http://www.dynamode.co.il/ , here you'll find the latest ones.