cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find any ethernet ADSL modems

N/A

Can't find any ethernet ADSL modems

I just bought a Fujitsu FDX310 after having no luck in finding any ethernet modems. I went to most online stores and couldn't find bugger all except combo routers etc. WHY? My Alcatel ethernet modem I had in Australia worked great and I could easily hook it into a hub and have multiple pc's off it (set up a Linux box as a server, it had the DSL connection comming off it, DHCP address system).

So now I have a USB modem that places more load on the pc *sigh* . Sure it's smaller but who cares if I'm not taking it anywhere. And I went to about 6-8 so called computer stores and NONE of them had any ADSL modems.

The industry really needs to get it's act together.

anyone else have similar problemsHuh

cheers
homerlovesbeer..............mmmmmmmmmmmmm beer
2 REPLIES
beskar
Grafter

RE: Can't find any ethernet ADSL modems

When you say Ethernet ADSL modem, do you mean an ADSL modem with a single ethernet output (and no routing / hub / switch facility?)

By the way, if you do want to take the load off the PC, and blow £160, you could buy the Vigor 2200USB router (attaches to the Fujitsu).

N/A

RE: Can't find any ethernet ADSL modems

> When you say Ethernet ADSL modem, do you mean an ADSL modem with a single ethernet output (and no routing / hub / switch facility?)

Yep exactly and I'm running a piii 1 gig laptop so I can't put a pci modem and don't see the point of blowing 160pounds:-))

Homerlovesbeer mmmmmmmmmmm....beer