cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't ever reach some websites

N/A

Hello,

I am on the solwise 110 router on broadband and for some reason I can never reach www.idsoftware.com or www.adobe.com when behind my NAT. A ping results in :

Pinging charon.idsoftware.com [192.246.40.185] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 192.168.7.1: Destination net unreachable.

Ping statistics for 192.246.40.185:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

I know its not just a server outage because its like this all the time.

Has anyone had similiar experiences?? (Coincidentally, I can't get Quake3 to work behind my NAT either - possibly because it tries to contact the ID software website)
8 REPLIES
N/A

that website does not respond to pings, but i can connect to it fine from a browser window

Darren
N/A

I too can browse through SAR 110 - no probs. MTU settings can affect SOME sites only. Worth a try?
Pings appear to be filtered.

From idsoft-1.CR-1.usdlls.savvis.net (209.176.32.17Cool: icmp_seq=1 Packet filtered

Regards, Spenser
N/A

Hi

I used the Network Optimizer on this site to revert back to the normal MTU settings (using the optimizer will now actually degrade performance due to changes bt have to the network - see here)

http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?bvIkeqvfDEk%3D

Still cant get through to idsoftware though!!
N/A

Umm, your ping responses were from your router... same message I get if the link is down. Might be worth checking the Alarm logs on the Router's Admin tab to see if the ping fails also coincided with link failure.

Love the SAR 110, but if you switch it off for any reason the RTC has to be reset or your logs show wrong date and time Evil
N/A

Scratch the above. Shockedops: Sounds like the DOS ping command returns the same message for a number of different failures. :? :roll:
benoh
Grafter

Have you got your subnet mask set to 255.0.0.0 on your internal network?

The IP you are trying to ping is 192.246.40.185 and would fail if you network thinks it "local"

A 192.168.0.0 internal network should have a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0 or could be subnetted smaller.
N/A

Hi -

I have a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, which I assume is correct -

cheers
N/A

Ben, you slipping or somthing.

To my common man knowledge, 192.168.255.255 is a Class C subnet and officialy uses 255.255.255.0

However, you can use 255.255.0.0