cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to internet

culduthel
Dabbler

As of this morning I have lost my Plusnet DSL connection to the internet.

Typing 192.168.1.1 into browser window brings up Voyager 210 Config Manager. I type in correct BB user name and password but it won't connect. Running the Voyager 210 diagnostics shows "Test authentification with ISP: Fail. All the other tests pass.

Was working fine before today. Haven't changed anything else on my system.

Any ideas? On dial-up again writing this. :x :x
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Have you moved your phone to talktalk recently?

There have been reports of peoples broadband also being switch over to TT at the same time even though it was not requested.

If this is the case raise a ticket and get CS to investgate if your broadband has been stolen by TalkTalk.

If this does not apply then I suggest you ring support and see if they can see an authentication problem.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Is the DSL light lit on the Voyager 210 ?
culduthel
Dabbler

Thanks for the replies.

Have been with Talk Talk for a couple of years, and had no problems with Plusnet BB 'till today.

Yes, the DSL light is on, the Internet light is off.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Seeing as the DSL light is on it doesnt sound like your broadband has been stolen by Talk Talk. I looks like an authentication problem, you need to do as Peter suggested contact support and get them to check out the problem.
Liam
Grafter

Hi there culduthel,

Not too sure what happened, but I've performed some maintenance on your account and dial-tested from here and you should now be able to connect successfully.

I'm going to look into why the authentication errors started happening in the first place, but it should now be fixed.

Cheers,
Liam
culduthel
Dabbler

Thanks Liam - all working fine again Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy