cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access some sites but can others(plus the speed issues

N/A

The kids have been complaining that they can't access myspace and bebo but access to some sites like the beeb is OK. We have a PC and a wireless network plus laptop and it is the same story on both - also took the laptop into work and via the guest wireless network all was fine.

So I would say our connection is OK but slow - anybody else having similar issues?

Thanks
6 REPLIES
N/A

connection and slow speed

Hi, I am having exactly the same problems! Have issued Ticket, nothing resolved as yet, always keep getting fobbed off by Plusnet, and I thought things were going to get better ?
N/A

catechu, thanks for confirmation - I had just accepted a 1 month refund not to request a MAC code because of poor speed with the understanding that it would improve. Cry I will raise a ticket and give them a few days to sort otherwise it looks like I will HAVE to move ISP..
N/A

I can confirm that I have the same problem, I can load the beeb, but not google!!

I actually came to the forum to see if anyone else had this problem, as i have just installed my broadband service tonight, all seems fine except I cant access 50% of the websites I am looking for! Better raise a ticket then.

good luck,

Neil
N/A

I was given this advice on another thread - it seemed to work but PN might have actually fixed the problem in the meantime. The DNS server numbers are in your account details which you should still be able to access.

Try setting the below details on your router manually-

Primary DNS Server 212.159.13.49
Secondary DNS Server 212.159.13.50

After you've saved this, try disconnecting and then reconnecting your broadband after a few minutes.
sam
Grafter

Hi,

As far as I am aware the problem has been fixed. I personally would advise using one of the servers advised and one of our other set such as 212.159.6.9 or 212.159.6.10.

These are what I have specified and I have never had a problem.
N/A

Can't access some sites

I had this problem when we first set up. I placed a question in the Community Support Discussion Forum and the following is a quote from one of the replies and it solved the problem:

download Dr. TCP from:
http://www.dslreports.com/drtcp

and then run the programme and set the MTU for your primary network adapter to 1424.

You will then need to either Disable/Enable your network connection or restart your PC and you will hopefully see the problems resolve themselves.