cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Connect problems

N/A

Can't Connect problems

At 2040hrs this evening , tried to connect to PlusNet home page , but could not. There was no activity on my DSL504 router. Occasionally I would get a few flickers of activity and then nothing.

It would then burst into life for a few seconds and then nothing again.

This has happened quite a few times before since having ADSL installed (approx. three months ago).

As this is supposed to be an always on service , I'm
not very happy with it!!

Is it that we have reached the 50:1 contention ratio , or is it that PlusNet have'nt got enough bandwidth?

Kind Regards
Ian

2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Can't Connect problems

> At 2040hrs this evening , tried to connect to PlusNet home page , but could not. There was no activity on my DSL504 router. Occasionally I would get a few flickers of activity and then nothing.
>
> It would then burst into life for a few seconds and then nothing again.
>
> This has happened quite a few times before since having ADSL installed (approx. three months ago).
>
> As this is supposed to be an always on service , I'm
> not very happy with it!!
>
> Is it that we have reached the 50:1 contention ratio , or is it that PlusNet have'nt got enough bandwidth?
>
> Kind Regards
> Ian
>
>
> Hi Ian

Seems like a little problem.
How frequent does this occur as I haven't had any problems so far. I own the same make DSL router and have been online since only yesterday 6/3/03

All I've done so far was upgrade my firmware to the latest drivers.
Running on T18 now as compared to T10 and my version is B1 which you will see on the back under the router at Ver.

Well I hope the upgrade helps or else the servers might of been down. You never know.

Regards

Tim
>

--
N/A

RE: Can't Connect problems

Hi Ian once again,

Perhaps also switch off your router by wall plug before going to bed as these things also need rest.
That would also drop the contention ratio so other users would also have a speedy line.

That's what I do as everything around needs a little cooling off. If us humans. He-He

Cheers

Hope it all works fine.

Regards

Tim
--