cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone give simple advice to a technaphobe?

N/A

Just change over to PN from BT and am pulling my hair out trying to get connected. I've uninstalled everything BT on my PC and have attempted to reset my router but still no connection.

The router I'm using is a Netgear DG824M (Wireless ADSL Modem Gateway) ---- perhaps I've either done or more to the point not done something I'm supposed to, considering its not a new set up so to speak. My PC tells me I'm connected, i.e. I'm connected to the router but but when I do a settings test it fails.

Has anyone got any ideas what to do next ----- short of throwing the whole dammed lot through the window?

P.S. Do you think PN will send me a disc that I just pop in the drive and everything just happens :lol:
5 REPLIES
Nick_Russell
Grafter

With this router set-up is almost automatic. Use the wizard and I think you will only have to add user name (login) and password. See guide here...

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2003/q2/netgear-dg824m.asp
N/A

Thanks for the link Nick.

I used the resource disc supplied to reconfigure the basic settings --- i.e. username n password etc...... but dont remember seeing an option for a setup wizard other than the one on the system for "new netwok connection".

I rebooted the router several times and even returned it to factory settings but without avail. I've got a funny feeling its something so simple and slight thats staring me in the face but I keep overlooking it.

That said I did tell you I am a techniphobe Shockedops:
Nick_Russell
Grafter

When you logonto the router, I the first option on the left is Setup Wizard.

Reset router to factory settings and try again.
N/A

Thanks again Nick ------- Yipeee I'm on line. In the end it was nothing to do with the way I'd set up the router ---- didn't I say it would be something simpleHuhHuh The filter wasn't in the right telephone socket (don't ask)

Talk about feeling stupid Shockedops: Shockedops:
N/A

We've almost all been there!

I make myself look stupid most days. Shockedops:

Welcome to PN and the Community Forums.

See ya around.