cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can activations take place over the weekend?

N/A

HI all I signed up for ASDL last friday night, and was wondering if it is worth me keeping an eye on my mail and tracker over this weekend as I'm about to go into my 7 to 10 day's, or do activations only take place weekdays?
11 REPLIES
N/A

If it is still relying on BT - no - monday to friday 9 to 5.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

When it was done, mine was activated at 10:00 on a Saturday morning, I noticed a BT van parked nearby, watched it drive away and lo and behold my ADSL modem was active where it wasn't an hour earlier.

The BT types were probably on overtime!!

A quick call to C/services confirmed it but asked me to do the decent thing and wait till they told me officially, something to do with billing or some other minor petty detail.

Some four days from request to completion.

Magic...
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
N/A

When it was done, mine was activated at 10:00 on a Saturday morning, I noticed a BT van parked nearby, watched it drive away and lo and behold my ADSL modem was active where it wasn't an hour earlier.

The BT types were probably on overtime!!

A quick call to C/services confirmed it but asked me to do the decent thing and wait till they told me officially, something to do with billing or some other minor petty detail.

Some four days from request to completion.

Magic...

The engineer may have been on overtime, but BT wholesale will not be working and therefore cannot indicate to the ISP that line is active (officially)
N/A

The minor detail will have been the fact provisioning at +Net only work Monday - Friday.

I am unsure if other CS types can do the activation there end.
Community Veteran

Its very unlikely that the BT van you saw has anything to do with your activation.
All the work involved is in the telephone exchange making your line go through the ADSL line card and configuring your routing to Plusnet.
It may be however that they could have been working overtime if they had a lot of ADSL orders to complete at your exchange.
Plus net don't like to enable you until they have the proper confirmation from BT because once they enable you the clock starts for your billing, and in theory the line could still fail until this notification is received.
They normally will however, but make it clear to you that even if it does fail you will be billed from the time of activation.
N/A

Thanks for the input peeps, I guess I'll have to wait till monday, but I might give the ADSL modem a try from time to time, just incase. :roll:
N/A

The modem may well become active while +Net say your line isn't active.

ADSL sync is not a sign that you will receive and keep a DSL connection, and may still be rejected.

Beyond that, +Net provisioning do not work weekends, and so won't pickup any completion notice until monday.

Until +Net receives this, your DSL account on the +Net side of things is not active.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

uhmm!! I wonder what the BT guy's were doing in this very quiet private road that Saturday morning....must be one of life's coincidences.

Fact is my modem's (which was on at the time) active light beamed brightly stable, whereas it had been flashing for most of the previous week before hand just as they packed up and left, which according to the manual meant it was receiving an ADSL active line. and the software confirmed it (although I didn't connect to Plus with it for the reasons already stated)

Perhaps it had actually been activated on the previous Friday and I hadn't noticed the light not flashing any more, however given where the modem lives on my desk I think it's unlikely.

And I thought it was all down to a wonderful collaberation between Plus and BT to work on Saturday's.

All very strange!!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
N/A

Setup of DSL on your line is at the exchange and not the telegraph pole or distribution box in your local street. - - - - purely coincidence.... Some BT guy (or gal, nowadays - should'nt be sex discriminatory) doing a bit of overtime installing a standard phone line or a repair on a standard phone line.
N/A

Well it's now monday day 10 and my line still isn't active.

So I'm now assuming that the 7-10 day count is week / working days only.
N/A

Yay lol, my connection is active, within an hour of that last post.

Thanks All. Cheesy