Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I speed up the process?????

willow147
Grafter

Hi,

My exchange got upgraded last Wednesday (20th) and now I have the 'long' wait to be able to use ADSL.

I have read through +Net on-line help and set up my connection.

When I first tried to connect I was told there was no dial-tone). Now the lights on my Modem have stopped flashing and I have tried connecting again.

This time I was told that my username/password has been denied access on the domain.

I read in the help that once a connection has been attempted then my account will automatically be activated within the hour. That was yesterday and still nothing.

I spoke to +Net and they said they are waiting for something from BT before they can activate my account (this doesn't tally up with the online information).

Is there any way that either +Net can connect me before BT get back to them (Aug 29th) or can I speed up BT somehow.

I know most people have probably been through this but I'm desparate for broadband (especially as I have this coming week off work and would love to be able to play with a fast connection.

Thanks in advance for either any assistance or just hearing me out.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Just because the modem light has stopped flashing does not mean that the routing is complete all the way to Plusnet.
It only means that the line card is connected at the Exchange and you now have syncronization.
If it was all the way through then the auto enable should kick in.
im afraid looks as though you have to wait a bit longer untill BT complete their work.
willow147
Grafter

thx for the info but the online help does say (and i quote)

"When you first try to connect, you may get a username / password error. This is a good sign, as it shows that the ADSL line is getting to a stage where it is checking your username and password1 Our systems will recognise any successful attempts to connect and will automatically activate your account within 1 hour of your first connection attempt."

To me this seems to be exactly my situation.

If not then I guess I'll just have to watch the grass grow a little (lot) longer
Community Veteran

Ok are you sure that you are using the corect usrname for ADSL?
This will either be wagle@plus.net or wagle@plusdsl.net depending on just when you joined Plusnet.
I would expect the later in your case
If you are using the correct onr then you may have to wait until Tuesday when the Plusnet provisioning staff are back on duty
N/A

Phone support.

By acknowledging that you are willing to start your contract from that moment, even if your line comes back as failed, they should enable your account fully.

Problem is, if it does fail, you are held to contract and may have to fork out some money.

Another option is to turn off your ADSL equipment (make sure 100% of the power is removed), then wait at least 35 mins. This should reset the linecard at the exchange and may solve the problems.
willow147
Grafter

Thanks for all the replies.

I don't think I'm willing to enter the contract early just in case there is a problem with the line, after all, it's only 2 days now for me to wait and I'm sure even I can wait that long.

The ADSL Modem is turned off every night and nothing has yet been triggered/reset at the exchange.

I'll just have to bide my time like everyone else does. +Net say that they are expecting a response from BT by Friday, bet it's very late on Friday if at all knowing my luck (and I bet they say that there is a problem and that I stuck with good old 56k dialup).