cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I not get 2mb ?

N/A

Can I not get 2mb ?

I see from the BT site that 1mb is the fastest download speed I can expect for the moment. I would very much like 2mb as I was under the delusion that when BT upgraded their Exchanges things would greatly improve. My misunderstanding, apparently.

I use a Netgear DG834 which shows that my Line Attenuation is 34db ( Downstream) with a Noise Margin of 22db ( Downstream) I am 1.7km ( as the crow flies ) from my Exchange. When I checked on the site KITZ.CO.UK it appears that all of the quoted figures above should allow me a 2mb speed.

Can anyone please comment. Thanks - Ted
5 REPLIES
N/A

Can I not get 2mb ?

Hi,

With those figures you are well with spec for 2Mb, you should get a good stable connection.

You can either wait for the free upgrades whenever that will be, they are now quoting November or raise a ticket, quote your figures and ask for a manual upgrade, the downside is that that will cost you £14.99 for the upgrade. :roll:

Smiley
N/A

Can I not get 2mb ?

Thank you for replying. As far as I can see my local Exchange has been upgraded so will now make a move to get things pushed forward. I just wasn't sure if my noise figures etc. were quite good enough. Regards - Ted
maesgerddi

Can I not get 2mb ?

BT also told me my line would be unable to support more than 1Mb band width as I was to far from the exchange and when I informed them I was only 500 yards away they told me it was because I was too close! I have had up to 1.8Mb!
N/A

Can I not get 2mb ?

That's rich, being TOO close to the Exchange. Seems a bit far fetched!

Well, got my 2mb connection this morning, less than 24hrs from I requested it. I must praise PlusNet ( few do ) as they not only answered the phone to me in less than a minute but got me up and running here with the higher speed in a very short time.
N/A

Can I not get 2mb ?

@tedsloan, good, glad to hear it. Plus are generally good in this respect i wud say. I had alot of problems and 2failed regrades. I had to pay to get 2mbit but it was well worth the hassle. I also had to contact mr staffon at adslguide to get the bt database updated.

Well Praise is certainly due as u say