cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I keep my 2mb?

N/A

Can I keep my 2mb?

I'm happy with what I have. I don't think I need the extra bw as it will just mean I hit the new download limits quicker.

I signed up when premier was uncapped with no traffic shaping, but slowly things have been introduced to limit downloads. I understand that sometimes measures have to be taken to ensure good speeds for all. However, I would prefer to keep my 2mb and have no download limits/ traffic shaping.

I'm not a heavy downloader. I've downloaded 30 gb in past month and 12gb during peak time. So I'm on the limit of the new 8mb and it will really not suit me.

So my question is, is there a way to keep my current service? Or do I have to move to get 2mb uncapped?

Maybe someone from the tutorial team can advise me?

Thank you in advance!
1 REPLY
Community Veteran

Can I keep my 2mb?

Moving to another ISP with no caps only partly solves the problem for a short period of time.

By the end of the year there will be few if any ISPs that don't have some kind of cap of shaping on their packages, even the "Mighty" Zen have had to introduce caps on their new packages.

Even if you did get an ISP with no caps you would no doubt experience slow downs especially during peak periods, even periods of outages where then network can't cope.

With the new 8mb speeds and the growth of LLU things like TV on demand (Sky By Broadband, BBC iMP, BT Vision), HDTV movies, Live television, radio and VoIP, are going to be using more and more bandwidth and uncapped networks will be the first to fail their users.

Wether you have 2mb or 8mb it makes no difference in terms of pricing, BTw charge using a system known as CBC (capacity based charging)