cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Get A Better Speed?

N/A

Hi, my sister made a topic a while back about us having a bit of an issue with a slow broadband connection.
She was told about getting the product re-graded, could someone say what exactly that would invovle doing as I don't really understand that.

I believe the problem may be caused by us using a different router when the initial 10 day set-up time was going on, we had a faulty router at that time and I recently upgraded our one to a newer one.

Checking a few things I can give the following details that I've gathered:
We're on Broadband Premier Option 1.
Our current broadband speed is 2000 Kbps, it has been since joining. We're concerned because we feel it should be on 8000 Kbps.
"You are approximately 374 metres from the exchange (straight line distance)." - according to http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php
We're currently on the "Telehouse East, Juniper 4" gateway.
Our exchange is green.

From the last topic we were told we had fantastic line stats, so I'm pretty sure it can't be a problem in the line.
Our upstream usually sticks on 288 Kbps.

There are no faults on the fauly checker.

Our speed tests tend to stick around 1600 Kbps, it has gone a little higher at times but it also goes terribly lower.

We use a router & modem built in together, a Belkin F5D7632-4 and are using the latest firmware; or a later version than there is on Belkin's website for some reason.

Any help or information would be very much appreciated in this matter.

~Andy
5 REPLIES
Highlighted
N/A

You can raise a request to be regraded to the up to 8mbps service at http://max.plus.net

The regrade usually takes around a week, and you shouldn't really need to do much, although there is a guide to help with expectations on the same link.
N/A

Thank you for the fast reply and for pointing me in the right direction for getting regraded. =)
N/A

No prob's - I dunno if its been changed, but you didn't used to get much in the way of confirmation that your order had been accepted. You'll be able to find a closed ticket in the help and support section referring to the request though once its gone in.
N/A

At the moment on the submitted question it says the status is on "Awaiting Support Team answer", so I guess that will change when it's been looked into and an action has been taken.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

The MAX speed regrade normally complete within 14 days of your request. Keep an eye on the sync speed of your equipment as this is the best way to see when this has gone through.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff