cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller id

N/A

Caller id

I signed up to the Home ADSL service, When it up and running will i still be able to have caller id on my phone still. thanks
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

RE: Caller id

> I signed up to the Home ADSL service, When it up and running will i still be able to have caller id on my phone still. thanks

John
You can have caller ID on the line but depending on your ID equipment it may not work and I believe it is not officially supported by BT when you have ADSL.
I have 2 caller IS's on here and only the cheap free one that BT supplied (only tells you last call) works when my modem is powered up. The one that is built into the phone (CTT 100) will not work unless the Modem is turned off.
However the fact that you have caller ID on the line will not affect your ADSL.

--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
N/A

I am currently in the process of upgrading to ADSL. The question of caller ID was very important to me, as we have a very busy 'phone line at home (part of the reason for getting ADSL!). I actually checked it out with BT, and they definitely say that all select services including Caller Display are supported. (I think it is just the more unusual services like Subscriber Private Metering that do not all work.)

Looking at John's reply, I have also picked up the fact that some specific Caller Display unit's won't work. I think it's just a case of waiting and seeing. Also I'm not sure whether a Caller Display unit needs to plug into a microfilter or straight into the 'phone socket. Again, it's a case of waiting and trying it out.

Regards,

Andrew.
N/A

> I signed up to the Home ADSL service, When it up and running will i still be able to have caller id on my phone still. thanks

I have caller ID on my digital cordless phones and also a seperate box and they all work fine with the ADSL. All are connected to the phone socket of the filter.
N/A

I have a "Betacom 2" caller ID box, and two DECT digital cordless phones (BT Synergy 2110) with caller ID - and they all work fine.

You need to make sure that you use one of those litle "microfilters".