cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable beat ADSL :(

pgudge
Grafter

Cable beat ADSL :(

I was sickened to hear the cable are now offering 1mbps to the nation. HOw can this beHuh Is it because they are not controlled by BT?

I know there is already a 1mbps and a 2mbps on ADSL but they are for Business accounts start at £140 a month, Cable are now charding £30 a month for 1mbps.

Can you ISP not gang up on BT and make em either drop business 1mbps or bring out a home 1mbps?
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Cable beat ADSL :(

> I was sickened to hear the cable are now offering 1mbps to the nation. HOw can this beHuh Is it because they are not controlled by BT?
>
> I know there is already a 1mbps and a 2mbps on ADSL but they are for Business accounts start at £140 a month, Cable are now charding £30 a month for 1mbps.
>
> Can you ISP not gang up on BT and make em either drop business 1mbps or bring out a home 1mbps?

Dude my connection in Canada was uncapped! Got 2-3Mb/s regularly downloading and 1-2 uploading. All for $49 canadian (23 pounds)

How I miss itSad

--
Homerlovesbeer mmmmmmmmmm beer
pgudge
Grafter

RE: Cable beat ADSL :(

> Dude my connection in Canada was uncapped! Got 2-3Mb/s regularly downloading and 1-2 uploading. All for $49 canadian (23 pounds)

If you uncapped a modem on Telewest you get around 2mbps+ but after about an hour then must have a big red flashy light at the nase that detects the speed increase then they put a restiction on your line, so it's only any good for about hour or so. Some many have had longer.

> How I miss itSad

I can imagine, 2mbps Smiley it's only £160 now on plusnet i think, but not worth it if cable are doing 1mbps for only £30.