cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRAP PlusNet 'service'!

N/A

CRAP PlusNet 'service'!

I have had the worst time ever activating ADSL with PlusNet, after being with them/ Force9 for over 5 years and recommending them to loads of people.

The activation was supposed to have happened on the 21st June, when I received an email confirmation. I had to wait a couple of weeks to get all the equipment together and then spent another couple of weeks banging my head against a brick wall, borrowing mates' stuff, as there just seemed to be no signal.

I phoned PlusNet support a couple of times to confirm they had the right number and that everything was good to go from their end.

Finally I phoned BT who told me there was no ADSL on my line, and it had never even been ordered.

Of course I raised this with PlusNet only to be told:
"Your ADSL line was activated on 21-06-2002. BT notify ourselves when a line becomes active, the information that have recieved from the BT engineer is inaccurate. Please confirm what difficulties you are experiencing."

On the 9th August I again asked them to check the line, and confirmed the telephone number again.

I spent several weeks being told by PlusNet that the BT engineers at the exchange had it wrong, even though ADSL is activated at the exchange. They just would not listen to reason.

The only way I got any sort of response was by posting in this forum, not from the contact us section.

Finally, on the 30th August, I get an email telling me that they activated ADSL on a completely different number 01709 530xxx, that doesn't even look like my number 020 8451 xxxx, on the /17th/ of August, and that I ordered this. What a crock!

Of course I never ordered ADSL for a completely different number. I asked them to check the number several times, and yet it took them at least 3 weeks to notice! Even then, they are now giving a different activation date than before. Doesn't that sound like a mix up in their system?

Yet they are now saying I have to pay again to get my own line activated, and of course that I have to pay for over two months of non-service, and refusal even to check the basics.

What a load of crap- to think I used to rate this company.
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ***** PlusNet 'service'!

> I have had the worst time ever activating ADSL with PlusNet, after being with them/ Force9 for over 5 years and recommending them to loads of people.
>
> The activation was supposed to have happened on the 21st June, when I received an email confirmation. I had to wait a couple of weeks to get all the equipment together and then spent another couple of weeks banging my head against a brick wall, borrowing mates' stuff, as there just seemed to be no signal.
>
> I phoned PlusNet support a couple of times to confirm they had the right number and that everything was good to go from their end.
>
> Finally I phoned BT who told me there was no ADSL on my line, and it had never even been ordered.
>
> Of course I raised this with PlusNet only to be told:
> "Your ADSL line was activated on 21-06-2002. BT notify ourselves when a line becomes active, the information that have recieved from the BT engineer is inaccurate. Please confirm what difficulties you are experiencing."
>
> On the 9th August I again asked them to check the line, and confirmed the telephone number again.
>
> I spent several weeks being told by PlusNet that the BT engineers at the exchange had it wrong, even though ADSL is activated at the exchange. They just would not listen to reason.
>
> The only way I got any sort of response was by posting in this forum, not from the contact us section.
>
> Finally, on the 30th August, I get an email telling me that they activated ADSL on a completely different number 01709 530xxx, that doesn't even look like my number 020 8451 xxxx, on the /17th/ of August, and that I ordered this. What a crock!
>
> Of course I never ordered ADSL for a completely different number. I asked them to check the number several times, and yet it took them at least 3 weeks to notice! Even then, they are now giving a different activation date than before. Doesn't that sound like a mix up in their system?
>
> Yet they are now saying I have to pay again to get my own line activated, and of course that I have to pay for over two months of non-service, and refusal even to check the basics.
>
> What a load of crap- to think I used to rate this company.
>

Thats plain maddness, if u can proove to plusnet/BT that u did not have ADSL and wasnt using it and its all there fault then they have no choice then to give u the money back or proper service.

So keep all those emails/messages/letters/details handy. Save them all.

I just signed up today so hope it all goes smoothly.

N/A

> Thats plain maddness, if u can proove to plusnet/BT that u did not have ADSL and wasnt using it and its all there fault then they have no choice then to give u the money back or proper service.
>
> So keep all those emails/messages/letters/details handy. Save them all.
>
Will do- you'd think they'd have listened when I said the BT engineers told me there was no ADSL on my line! Even now they're claiming I signed up for a different number, activated on a different date.

I just don't understand why they're playing me about like this, I've never had problems with them before.

> I just signed up today so hope it all goes smoothly.
>

Yeah, cheers. Hope it works out.
N/A

> > Thats plain maddness, if u can proove to plusnet/BT that u did not have ADSL and wasnt using it and its all there fault then they have no choice then to give u the money back or proper service.
> >
> > So keep all those emails/messages/letters/details handy. Save them all.
> >
> Will do- you'd think they'd have listened when I said the BT engineers told me there was no ADSL on my line! Even now they're claiming I signed up for a different number, activated on a different date.
>
> I just don't understand why they're playing me about like this, I've never had problems with them before.
>
> > I just signed up today so hope it all goes smoothly.
> >
>
> Yeah, cheers. Hope it works out.
>

Now aint this cheerfull news, i'm in the process of ADSL signup with them. What a bloody confidence bost reading this post. Makes me wonder if it would be a good thing if my line failed the test.

--
Reset
N/A

> > > Thats plain maddness, if u can proove to plusnet/BT that u did not have ADSL and wasnt using it and its all there fault then they have no choice then to give u the money back or proper service.
> > >
> > > So keep all those emails/messages/letters/details handy. Save them all.
> > >
> > Will do- you'd think they'd have listened when I said the BT engineers told me there was no ADSL on my line! Even now they're claiming I signed up for a different number, activated on a different date.
> >
> > I just don't understand why they're playing me about like this, I've never had problems with them before.
> >
> > > I just signed up today so hope it all goes smoothly.
> > >
> >
> > Yeah, cheers. Hope it works out.
> >
>
> Now aint this cheerfull news, i'm in the process of ADSL signup with them. What a bloody confidence bost reading this post. Makes me wonder if it would be a good thing if my line failed the test.
>
>
> --
> Reset

Then again I signed up with them 2 months ago and haven't had a problem. Took 10 days in total.

N/A

> >
> > Now aint this cheerfull news, i'm in the process of ADSL signup with them. What a bloody confidence bost reading this post. Makes me wonder if it would be a good thing if my line failed the test.
> >
>
> Then again I signed up with them 2 months ago and haven't had a problem. Took 10 days in total.
>
Well, they have finally agreed that it's their mixup, ie to activate my line without charge and to move the billing date back, and there is an order on the BT tracker at:
http://www.bt.com/customerservices/cust_ordertrack.jsp?

I don't understand why it took so long for them to acknowledge- PlusNet have always been pretty common-sense b4 now.

Now I just have to wait and see how long it takes to activate again..