cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CISCO Strangeness

N/A

CISCO Strangeness

I have a Cisco857 router, I recently moved house, and at the old house, the router worked fine. I moved to the new house, and moved my broadband, and now the router doesn't connect. However I had a different brand (Zyxel) router, and it will connect at the new house. Because of this, I then bought a new Cisco857, and tried to use that, but this will not connect either.
I believe that this is due to a lower signal on the connection. I have tried taking the CISCO router to another location, and confirm it works - I have two broadband connections (both from Plusnet) at my house here, and the Zyxel rotuer works on both connections, but nether of the CISCO routers work on either.
If anyone here knows of a fix or why I can't get the CISCO routers to work on Plusnet anymore, I'd love to know.
Also, how do you get the code that allows you to move to another broadband provider? Zen are asking for a MAC code, but I can't see it anywhere on here, or any support documents about it.

Yet another p**sed off Plusnet customer.

thanks

-AJ
3 REPLIES
N/A

CISCO Strangeness

I know a little about Cisco routers. Post a "show running" config...I'll see if I can spot anything.

PS. Do a "show dsl int atm 0" as well

PPS Make sure any username/passwords in clear text are removed
N/A

CISCO Strangeness

I know a little about Cisco routers. Post a "show running" config...I'll see if I can spot anything.

PS. Do a "show dsl int atm 0" as well

PPS Make sure any username/passwords in clear text are removed

Thanks. Believe me, been through all that a load of times Wink
Actually, amazingly, I just got it working - last resort was to change the int-dmt to ansi-dmt (which shouldn't work on UK broadband, as it's meant to be G.dmt), but it all sprang into life. I'm a bit annoyed, as I spent another 200 quid on a new Cisco router as well.
This must be something to do with the DSLAM at the provider, maybe incompatible with Cisco's.

Thanks for the reply.
N/A

CISCO Strangeness

NP.. glad your up and running.