cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye plusnet

N/A

Bye Bye plusnet

Just placed my order with nildram....so i'm off, don't like the 15gb peak time rubbish allowance ,i used that in most months as i have 4 pc's sharing the connection. Off to nildram with a 50gb Cheesy usage for £3 more per month and any you don't use you get it carried over to the next month. So see ya all & have fun.....
7 REPLIES
N/A

Bye Bye plusnet

Hey! wait for me!..................
N/A

Bye Bye plusnet

My migration to Nildram is due on the 19th, the free monthly 500 mins of landline phone calls that come with it should more than make up for the difference in cost.
My phone bill is never more than £10 per quarter for calls, so I reckon that should drop to nothing.
Unless I've fell for some marketing con, surely not :shock:
N/A

hmmmm I think plusnet rocks

Look at it a little closer

it says 50 gig fair usage for the package.

plusnet is 15 gig peak time unlimted off peak so think about it for a second... most people are in work or busy running their business in the peak times... when it comes to downloading or video streaming the nighttime will always be good... Unlimited remember

Makes better sense then just a fixed 50 gig.... video streaming will eat that up.. at least with plusnet you dont have to worry about limits in the off peak times.... wonderful :0)
N/A

Bye Bye plusnet

er... no...

To ensure everyone gets a fair share of our High Performance we have implemented a 'Fair Use' policy with a 50GB per month Peak Time transfer allowance – this applies to data transferred between the hours of 8am and Midnight, seven days a week. Once the allowance is hit, users will still be able to connect – but limited to 64Kbps transfer rate. Any data transferred between Midnight and 8am does not count towards the Data Transfer Allowance.

Unused monthly allowance can be carried over and ‘banked’ for a maximum of one month. So, if one month only 30GB is used, 20GB will be carried over to the following month – giving an allowance of 70GB. If 40GB is used in the second month, 10GB will be available to transfer to the next month.

It's 50GB peak just as PN has done except 50GB is far more realistic than 10GB...

Any data transferred between Midnight and 8am does not count towards the Data Transfer Allowance.
N/A

Bye Bye plusnet

And don't forget "colli26i" that 15GB you mention is subject to various restrictions once you hit 10GB.
Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking Plusnet, been with them a long time.
But things change, the internet has moved on, PlusNet no longer fit my needs.
So I will pay a few pounds more for the service I require from Nildram.
Time will tell if I made a bad move or not, but to make no move would definitely be bad.
N/A

Bye Bye plusnet

Yep i totally agree with you , the internet has moved on and plusnet has gone backwards if you ask me.

@colli26i , you need to read the T&C a bit better , i use most of my bandwidth from when i get home from work @5.30pm til i go to bed @ around 10-11pm which is around plusnet's peak time usage. Most of the bandwidth that WE use here is @ that time & that will eat into my allowance v quickly as 4 of us game a lot online @ the same time. If they'd left it @ 30gig i wouldn't be moving, but halving it to 15 gig has made my mind up ....it's time to go.

Plus going to nildram (migration is FREE),i can get my 8mbs upgrade at the same time, no more waiting for pn to get round to doing it.

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceding post removed as its not necessary and against the rules]
N/A

Bye Bye plusnet

plusnet like all other isp`s have to wait for BT if the network is in a BT area

So its not their fault... also its the realiblity of plusnet... I havent had any probs with their service.... kinda hate to switch just for the sake of some BW that I dont use :0)

I guess though its all down to what you use it for.... most of my stuff is web and the occasional radio and video stations... but nothing major to convince me to change.... until I needed it of course...

It does seem bit daft though to have a 8mb connection just to have your BW capped... who knows maybe plusnet will double it or at least change the times to suit a 9 to 5 peak all other times offpeak

Would work in everyones favour in the uk