cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye Everybody

N/A

Bye Bye Everybody

hello all Cheesy well then. I was going to write a long essay to show how angry I am at plusnet... :roll: but... i thought it would be easier to quote some of my past posts instead and add some new ones Cheesy . My problem with them has gone on so long its hard to recall everything thats gone wrong with them. So here we go. (most of this you can interprit your self with very little need for explanation)

My BT Speedtester Collection [ New! ]
(As many as I could find)

19-MAY UNKNOWN TIME
57 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

20-MAY UNKNOWN TIME
610 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

20-MAY UNKNOWN TIME
371 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

12-JUN UNKNOWN TIME
130 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

13-JUN UNKNOWN TIME
141 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

13-JUN UNKNOWN TIME
175 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

21-JUL APPROXIMATE DATE
147 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

21-JUL APPROXIMATE DATE
89 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

21-JUL APPROXIMATE DATE
173 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

10-AUG UNKNOWN TIME
141 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

18-AUG 23:15
152 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

05-SEPT UNKNOWN TIME
69 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

05-SEPT UNKNOWN TIME
136 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

05-SEPT UNKNOWN TIME
309 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

05-SEPT UNKNOWN TIME
TEST FAILED TO COMPLETE

05-SEPT UNKNOWN TIME
71 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

28-SEPT 20:16
192 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

28-SEPT 20:45
180 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

28-SEPT 21:17
205 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

28-SEPT 22:09
55 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

Still they choose not to fix my problem.

Something I posted 09 Aug 2005
For the last four months my connection has been painfully slow. I am downloading at speeds of 6Kb a second. I have raised several tickets, rung up at least twise and done countless BT speedtests. A few weeks into my problem a BT engineer was sent round. (note: no speedtest was done from 12-7am). He said my line was touching another line which would effect my connection. I thought "Great, finally it should be fixed". I was wrong. I was still downloading at sub-dialup speeds. So the problem was not fixed. I conducted more BT speedtests for more tickets but nothing would be done. Nothing will be done because PlusNet want me to conduct MORE BT Speedtests at 12-7am. I cannot conduct these tests at these rediculous times as I am asleep. But, when BT came round before, they did not require tests done at these rediculous times. Hmm, strange. So... 4 months later and im still downloading at sub-dialup speeds. Infact, im downloading a file right now! let me see... at 6.39Kb/second. Great! I feel such a valued customer [....sarcasm....]

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Title reduced to lower case from all capitals.

Something I posted 05 Sep 2005
I will add more to my post when I have had my breakfast. But to give you the basic jist... Speed started to be awful in april, did speedtests and after a 3000 word (including replies) ticket the fault was finally raised to BT (I will edit the exact dates in). The BT engineer came round, said my line was touching another line and said he had moved it. He went. Still balls speeds. So, I contact plusnet (the same day ) saying the fault had not been fixed. They said, please conduct a further 3 BT speedtests so we can raise the fault again. Being a bit miffed at this, I had a bit of a moan but still did the damn speedtests (about 10 overall). They then reply with, sorry you have do do at least one in off-peak times to rule out contension. I continue to grumble, but finally I do one. But, the results dont meet BT requirements this time. Quite miffed now. (There is quite a lot in-between which I havent included because I want my breakfast). I ring PlusNet after this a moderate number of times. I also ring BT who tell me that nothing can be done unless your ISP reports the fault. I ring plusnet again and finally they tell me that my modem is not compatable with Service Pack 2. So I fork out on a new router which robs me money I could do with. Guess what! The speed is still absolutely crap! I am really pi$$ed off now. I ring again and FINALLY I get someone good on the line! I explain my problem which by this stage is this. My download speeds start off at "good" speeds but after about 5-10 seconds they return to appalling speeds. We both agree that the BT Speedtester does not pick this problem up becuase it does not run for long enough to pick up the nature of the problem. So, he forwards my ticket to the faults department who tell me the above. I am sick to the teeth of PlusNet. I am leaving. But I have domains with them. So they will cost me an arm and a leg to transfer out.

My Current Situation
Well, as you can probably guess, I am leaving. I will be joining F2S ASAP. Yup. So, its bye bye to everybody here.

Just for the record, here are some of my long running issue facts:

Word Count for all the tickets directly related to my problem:
6,171 words - Still unresolved

The number of DIFFERENT CS Reps. who were involved (replied) with the tickets about ths problem:
26 Different People - Still unresolved

The number of A4 pages it would take to print out the tickets (only the actual content) in Font size 9 :
14 Full Text pages printed from MS-Word - Still unresolved

So bye to everybody here! Dont really want to leave (but I do really Cheesy)

P.S. When I asked to migrate, they told me to do the BT Speedtester some more! ROFL.

Bye all Cheesy Cry
29 REPLIES
N/A

Bye Bye Everybody

Hi Chris.

Some amazing stats.

Sorry to see you go. Another one bites the dust. Its a pity it couldnt have been sorted for you.

Hopefully see you on Pnetters. Enjoy F2S and let us know how it works out.
N/A

Bye Bye Everybody

well what can you say to that!. Were all suffering speed problems, what are plusnet going to do about it. anything or nothing. their providing people with a service that has been poor of late. all we can hope for is for plusnet to push BT harder and harder to get this sorted. we are supposed to be on a better ratio. 30:1 or something like that. let us know how ur new speeds look. there could be a few people joining you.
N/A

Bye Bye Everybody

see u across to f2s
N/A

Bye Bye Everybody

see ya on f2s friday 7th oct chris and all ex plusnetters Wink i also am leaving due to random disconnect issues for the year i have been with plusnet ,and no resolve ...WAKIE WAKIE PLUSNET ...TAKE NOTE ,YOUR LOSING CUSTOMERS ...DERRRRRR :?

4mbit uncapped here i come Smiley
N/A

Bye Bye Everybody

Yes as of yesterday Im an ex Plusnet customer and a brand new f2s customer as well.

see ya all there.

PS,

Does f2s have a forum?

laters
N/A

Bye Bye Everybody

Does f2s have a forum?

yes Smiley
N/A

Bye Bye Everybody

f2s have an address
but i cant remmber ....

how long did u migration period take .. i got 3 weeks ? :?
N/A

Bye Bye Everybody

yeah same here ,3 weeks :roll: will be worth the wait though Wink
Community Veteran

Bye Bye Everybody

Chris, I am highly offended. You mention that plusnet tell you to do the test between 12 and 7 but what about me, I told you plenty of times! Evil Evil

Seriously though, sad to see you go, hopefully will see you on plusnetters.

I'll leave you with this from CSR recording of one day more:

Marius and Cossette:

Will we ever meet again?
N/A

Bye Bye Everybody

cool Cheesy
whatsthe forum link ?
Community Veteran

Bye Bye Everybody

holdtight
Grafter

Bye Bye Everybody

N/A

Bye Bye Everybody

lol i did the tests between the silly times! BT were sent round 4 months ago, but fixed nothing! lol.

Anyway, sad to go. Miss you all.

I will have migrated by mid October.

P.S.
One day more :roll:
Community Veteran

Bye Bye Everybody

I will have migrated by mid October.

The cookie jar won't be leaving just yet then!

P.S.
One day more :roll:

Actually the next line was:

Eponine:

One more day with him not caring