cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulldog broadband

N/A

Bulldog broadband

Bulldog broadband has just offered me a 4mb download line and upload of 470kbps, unlimited download bandwidth, £1 connetion fee(unlike plus nets £70) and a monthly contract.... all this for £30 a month unlike plusnets £40 a month for 2mb download line and 256kbps upload... im glad to say im switching over to them soon...

plusnet get ya act together the market is getting very competetive, what is plus net gonna do about this? Evil
27 REPLIES
N/A

Bulldog broadband

PlusNet aren't a LLU provider like Bulldog is.
N/A

Bulldog broadband

hmmm sorry i dont understand what LLU provider means can you elaborate?
N/A

LLU

LLU, stands for Local Loop Unbunding which basically means someone other than BT can sell you a product that functions between you and your local exchange, (that probably didn't help) but I think the point of the statement was that the facilties offered by "Bulldog" (LLU) is not available in most of the UK

Unholy Chilli
N/A

Bulldog broadband

Yup pretty much it is a different product to what PlusNet offer/it's limitedly available/difficult to compete with due to being different products, etc.
N/A

Bulldog broadband

We will be laughing at you when we get out 8mb service lol
N/A

Bulldog broadband

8mb service?? how did you find this out? well this be coming soon as i can still cancel... and keep my loyalty to plus net
Community Veteran

Bulldog broadband

You should have received 2 emails recently to your postmaster mailbox, one was about fair usage and one about a product announcement. If you did not then see the product announcements forum for details.

Plusnet are upgrading all ADSL lines to faster speeds, subject to your line and exchange supporting them. This is happening in April when the 4mb and 8mb ADSL trials are taking place, which plusnet are participating in.
N/A

Bulldog broadband

lets say if i switched to bulldog but dont like their service could i come back to plusnet free of charge?... as there is an offer which lets you switch back to plusnet on the front pageHuh

im am worried i got scamed from bulldog as i recieved a phone call today, from their telesales department persuading me to join...
Community Veteran

Bulldog broadband

You have to read Bulldogs terms and conditions and in particular any clauses which state contract length or costs to leave. Just because PlusNet if offering free migration in, does not mean bulldogs is free to leave.
N/A

Bulldog broadband

hmmmm bulldog is free to leave as its a monthly contract, the only hitch is that you have to change back to bt phone line again, but as bt is doing freee reconnection its not much of a change
N/A

Bulldog broadband

We will be laughing at you when we get out 8mb service lol

Evil :twisted: Evil hmmmm why will you be laughing at meHuh? from what i heard bulldog will be upgrading to 20 megabytes per second.... i got this info from a customer services representative verbally.....

See that i'll be laughing at you because, the service will be unlimited, so no fair usage for me teee hehehehehe.....

I'm like a bird i like to fly away!!! to where the 20 meg line is, to where the 20 meg line is..... Tongue
N/A

Bulldog broadband

The ADSL specification only supports 8Mb sync rates.

Bulldog wull be moving towards ADSL2+ then, which was announced as being available in the UK earlier in January.

BT are also planning to release ADSL2+ on a public trial in Q4 this year.

However, you might like to read THIS news story on ADSL2+ first.

ADSL2+ on a single line tops out at around 26Mbps, though this is on a line that is only about 300m long. At 1.5km you can expect around 18Mbps, at around 3.5km perhaps 4Mbps
N/A

Bulldog broadband

ADSL2+ and its ability to co-exist with VDSL, is a great step forward, and hopefully we will see it deployed during 2005. The important thing is to have realistic expectations, currently if the usual UK pattern of installing the DSLAM at the exchange is followed then only those with less than 2.5km of copper cabling to the exchange will see significant speed boost.

yup and i'm in the range of 2.5km, lets just say I'm in the range of 300 meters away from the exchange box. yup thats 26Mbps Tongue
hmmm considerably greater speed comapared to 8Mbps........ + no fair usage policy Wink

although i know that bulldog is a LLU company, i feel as tho this is the way forward for isp's
N/A

Bulldog broadband

"im am worried i got scamed from bulldog as i recieved a phone call today, from their telesales department persuading me to join..."

While I have no particular axe to grind where Bulldog are concerned, this is the sort of pushy marketing that puts me off.
Round here they are "doing an NTL" (definitely not a good sign in my book) by going around door-tapping. I happened to be out in the garden when the rep arrived ....
"Good morning, my name's Tim and I'm from Bulldog."
"Sorry - not interested."
"But you don't even know what it is yet!"
"If I mention LLU and fast broadband, do you want to change your mind about that statement?"

Exit one rather crestfallen Bulldog rep. :lol: