cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buisness Line Dissconnections on DSLMax

N/A

Hi All,

Over the last couple of days, we have been having a lot of connection issues, yesterday it was fine connected all day with no problems but wed's and today it has been up and down like a yoyo, we dont loose Sync but the connection just drops, some times for 5 mins and sometimes for an hour, i have checked our equipment and am happy that it is not a problem at our end, i have also tried connecting with the BT test username (bt_test@startup_domain i think it is) and that would not connect either,

am i the only one having this problem? as this branch of the company relys on terminal service's to work with out an internet connection the business might as well close...... not good.

i have raised several tickets with plusnet this morning and wednesday but so far nothing has come of it, (got a list of questions which i have answered and these are going to be passed onto BT).

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated as my job is on the line here......

Cheers

Darren
5 REPLIES
N/A

Are you within the first 10 days after being upgraded to MAX? If so, your connection will be unreliable until the end of the first 10 days. Also, have you checked with BT to see if there's a problem on your exchange?

Dave.
N/A

mmm i thaught it wasent but i have just noticed that it is only the 9th day since the regrade..... i really hope that is the problem

Darren
N/A

Yeh, hopefully that will be the problem. Cross your fingers all weekend and with any look it will be working on monday morning. Smiley

I'm not looking forward to facing these problems at work but luckily we've got two ADSL connections for failover/load balancing so the impact should be minimal.

Good luck,

Dave Smiley
N/A

I am thinking about doing that at our head office so that the server can load balence over 2 connections, just out of interest how easy was it to set up? and what equipment do you use to do it?

im currently running a Netgear FVS318 VPN router (we have them at all 4 branch's too) with a Eicon Diva2440 modem (crap i know but it does the job)

and yea having read a few posts on here regarding connection loss after speed regrades im a little worried, some people reporting loss's after 18 days.......

i really hope this is not the case.

Cheers
Darren :?
N/A

We've got a crappy BT supplied router on our Demon line and a DrayTek Vigor 2600+ on our BT line (which I might change to Zen soon). These then connect to a Sonicwall Pro 3060 (with enhanced OS) which manages the two connections. It was relatively simple to setup once I'd sorted out a couple of problems. However, we have the 3060 managed by Networks Unlimited who handled most of the techy stuff. It's a really nice setup and I'd reccommend it to any small to medium sized businesses. The only thing I'd do differently if I did it again would be to get a 4060 as this comes with the enhanced OS (we had to upgrade) which you need for load balancing.

Hope that helps,

Dave. Smiley