cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bt voyager 105

khaggy
Dabbler

Bt voyager 105

i am currently using a linksys router and i am hving trouble hosting games on halo. I have a bt voyager 105 which i used with my aol. im wondering if i could use it to connect to plusnet, but how do i do that? is there some kind of plusnet software and also is that modem capable of high speeds?
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Bt voyager 105

if you don't have the instructions that came with it try this (assuming you're using windows):
install the drivers that came with it on cd (or download them from BT)
plug it in to phone and pc
it installs so it looks like a dialup modem to windows so will pop up a dialogue box asking for username, password, phone number (latter is 0,38 )
whoosh you're away.
but dont forget a software firewall before you install it coz it aint got NAT like your linksys.
should cope ok with speeds but there is a patch available somewhere (search these forums for the link)
khaggy
Dabbler

Bt voyager 105

thanks a lot i shall try that. much appreciated

skhagram
Community Veteran

Bt voyager 105

heres the patch link http://www.voyager.bt.com/booster/ for you
oh and make sure you install drivers before plugging modem in
geoffers
Grafter

Bt voyager 105

....then when you've got it all up and running, I seem to recall that <ctrl-F1> would bring up all the stats pages etc , so you can see your noise, attenuation & loads of other goodies.
Cheers, G
N/A

hi

need to right click on your green arrows ,click on staus, then ctrl f1 will get your modem set up shown
Community Veteran

Bt voyager 105

As above, but additionally you need to be using an admin account on the PC rather than user account. (Assuming you have setup limited user accounts that is).