Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bt Search ADSL Records wrong

N/A

Crazy But true this needs to go on lol

I just did a search on the bt.com/broadband pages

Ok 4 Houses on a same row,

66 Currently shows as 512k Only (Even though there on wanadoo 1meg)
65 Currently Shows as 1meg
64 Currently shows as 512k only (Even though there with Aol 1 meg)
63 Currently shows as 512k

I had the 1 meg service from September until Jan this year so I know 1 meg works on my line - I tried to go back to 1 meg and Plusnet tell me it fails..

Nothing has changed we all use the same telepgraph poles but for some strange reason plusnet cant get me back to my 1 meg connection, Hopefully plusnet can sort it out otherwise I'm packing my stuff and moving on, at least it proves the BT Wholesale Search pages are faulty
6 REPLIES
N/A

Forgot to say I'm number 63

and live approx 3 miles from Exchange.

These are my line details - Look fine for a 1meg service ?

SNR Margin (dB): 17.4 24.0
Attenuation (dB): 48.0 31.5
N/A

Plusnet fail to answer my replys 2 more hours and I'm demanding my Mac and buggering off..

It turned out when I spoke to 66 he said the area were we live will get 1 meg no problem it turned out to be a problem with the database with BT, however wanadoo pushed for a whoosh test to double check and found out there records were incorrect so helped him get the 1meg.

the service from Plusnet in which I have been with over the last year has gone down hill not only have I refered around 40 people but plusnet appear not to want my custom - other isp's have problems but with plusnet its one after the other.
N/A

At only 5 1/2 hours old, you have very little patients. It's not as if any reply made within an hour is going to help any more than one made 10 hours later.

Your attuation suggests 1Mb would be possible, however, the SNR figure may drop sufficiently that it wouldn't be stable.

There is nothing PlusNet can do to help SNR and Attuation figures anyhow. These are properties of the copper line between you and the exchange and something BT isn't likely to change.
N/A

Its taken me a week just to get this far !
N/A

Moving to another ISP gave up the will to live ! mac key has been requested.
N/A

The checker says (and still says) I can only get 512k. Had PlusNet not pressed BT, I would not have been on 1Mb for the past 6 months or so. If you forward your current line stats for 512k then PlusNet will certainly look into it. As the previous poster said. you don't seem to be excercising much patience - and I find it unlikely that your new ISP will be just as happy to help as PlusNet are..