cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser freezes

Highlighted
N/A

Browser freezes

I kept having problems on Tuesday and early Wednesday. I would click on a link and nothing would happen for about a minute, then the webpage would appear.

This must have happened on a dozen occasions. Email worked fine all the time. I've only been on ADSL a week and if this is how it is normally then I'm really disappointed.

Is it do with the maintenance? I can't be contention problems, at one o'clock in the morning, can it? Has anyone else experienced this problem?
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Browser freezes

Hi there,
This may be due to a DNS problem. Have you tried our newer DNS server addresses?
They are:
Kind Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

RE: Browser freezes

The problem persists.

About every five minutes on average during general web surfing the browser freezes. I click on a link and nothing happens until 30-60 seconds later.

Winipcfg reports that the new DNS addresses are being used already. I've tried setting new (and old) DNS addresses explicitly in dial-up connection properties, or server-assigned values, but it makes no difference which I use.

It's not a fault with the phone line, because I've experienced that and the symptoms are completely different, i.e. no ADSL connection at all.

I can be listening to a 128kbps HTTP audio stream when a freeze occurs and there is no interruption whatsoever to the music, so it's not the "Internet being slow."

What's interesting is that if I try to run Winipcfg during a browser freeze, that freezes too, before the IP Configuration info finally appears. Running Ping from the DOS prompt is exactly the same.

Help!!!