cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband

N/A

Broadband

Difficulty in setting up broadband. Have to dial up, and BT phone cant be used while on line. From geoffjohn at hotmail dot com

[Moderator's note by Bill (billbow): Edit to protect email privacy - Geoff you may wish to edit this post to remove your email address from public view]
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Broadband

Hi Geoff

My first thought is that you either have the filters in the wrong place/not enough filters (one for each phone outlet in use) or a broken/duff filter.

Cheers
Bill
N/A

Broadband

Hello Bill, Have tried several different filters in all phone outlets without success. Also I read it is advisable to remove my E Mail address previously given. How do I do this?
Thanks for your support.

Cheers Geoff.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Broadband

Hi Geoff.

I can't see what your email address has to do with anything that will affect your line connection.

Have you had a look at the Metronet help pages

Have you tried unplugging every unit on the phone line and all extensions including phones, sky box etc etc.

Then connect your modem/router to the master socket (the one where the line enters the house). Then add one phone to the filtered outlet to see what happens. If this clears the problem then introduce the other items back on to the line one at a time, remembering to filter each one and checking the line quality each time as you go.

Good luck.
N/A

Broadband

Thanks for your reply, and detailed procedure. I have in fact done all this last year after joining Metronet. However I finally gave up in despair and removed all router connections and did not bother any further. However, now that I have decided to have another try, I will go through the proceedure again, and will contact you with the result. This will take me some time, as we have visitors. I am grateful for your help Bob. Cheers Geoff.