cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband

N/A

Broadband

I've read the advertisement for Broadband, and how much quicker it is than dial-up, but one thing puzzles me. :?

If it is the LINE that is activated and you are still within a twelve month contract, what do you do if you move house?

It would appear that as a new occupier of a house you cannot take over an "activated" line (would have to pay another activation fee) but what happens to the contract, and the "activated line" left behind. Can this be transferred to a new property?

I know I'm not well educated in Broadband, Shockedops:

Storic
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Broadband

Providing that the property you move to is within the ADSL range of the telephone exchange and passes the tests by BT then you can transfer your contract but you will have to pay another activation fee.
N/A

Broadband

Thank you for your prompt reply. Much appreciated.

I would, therefore, as well as the usual considerations when buying a property, have to check whether there is an ADSL range on the telephone line.

Perhaps I better stick to dial-up, until I move - to hopefully a rural area.

Thank you again.

Storic
N/A

Broadband

Using this you can get a reasonably accurate estimate. of whether it will be available on the property [provided of course you know it's phone number or post code].
Community Veteran

Broadband

Yes but do bare in mind that this is an estimate. The test that this does is by post code and is as the crow flies. The actual cable could take a far different route.