cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband your way

Teds31
Grafter

Broadband your way

Hi Can anyone tell me if there is any advantage in going to BBYW option2 I now have Broadband plus £14.99,I think BBYW Option2 is the same price,but whats the differance.Plusnet seem to have given up on Broadband plus,I can find no information or comparisons anywhere.Do you get the free wireless router if you are already a customer.
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Broadband your way

The BBYW products have replaced the PAYG, BB+ and Premier products which is why you can no longer see the older product details on the portal.

The two product are pretty much identical except your peak time allowance would be 8GB compared to the 4GB you have now. Speeds under BBYW for certain protocols like P2P/usenet/FTP are higher on the new product as well.

To see a speed comparison between the old and new look here.

If you have exceeded your 4GB allowance in the past the only real restriction on BBYW is the 128Kbs speed limit once you exceed your 8GB peak time allowance. If you have never reached 8GB previously then this should not be an issue. You can of course buy additional peak time allowances if you do use too much which you can't with BB+.
James
Grafter

Broadband your way

Hi there,

As Peter has mentioned, Broadband Plus, Premier and PAYG are now "legacy" products owing to our having now launched Broadband Your Way.

The main difference is that you now would get 8GB usage as opposed to 4GB. However, Peak Time has been changed from 4pm to midnight, to 8am to midnight. One additional feature is that you can elect to Pay As You Go after you hit your usage limit, or alternatively, you can set a fixed limit.

Any questions, feel free to ask!
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Broadband your way

Is worth noting that all BBYW products have the same Value Added Services (VAS) as the legacy Premier products. This allows you to host more websites, gives you access to CCGI scripting and so on.
Teds31
Grafter

Broadband your way

Thankyou all,I will have to think about it,as it seems to be a win,win,situation to me,I only use internet during the day for browsing or internet shopping so the peak hours wouldn't be a problem.How do I change.
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Broadband your way

Change Your Broadband Product here
N/A

Broadband your way

i am looking to change as i'm on a 4GB package and i used about 12GB a month hence i get rubbish speeds after a few days...the FAQ says that as an existing customer i can still take advantage of hardware offers, but when going to the option for changing package it doesn't mention the free wireless router Sad

can anyone confirm i would still get this? (i know i have to keep the plan for a year to make sure the router remains free!)

how long does it take for my package to change? is it straight away or are we talkinga few days? Smiley
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Broadband your way

Hi there,

If you require the wireless router then all you need to do is raise a ticket once your account change has completed and agree to the £5.99 delivery charge. We'll then send the router out to you.

If you are changing to a product which costs equal or more to your current one then the change will take place near straight away.
If you are changing to a lower priced product the change will take place on your next billing date.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Broadband your way

cheers, dude, i read somewhere that you can get inclusive time with BT Openzone, but i didn't see this detailed on the £20 20GB option details...can you explain if this is given to me on that option and how much time would i get with that package?

thanks for your help, buddy Smiley looking forward to getting my faster speed and wifi router Cheesy
Community Veteran

Broadband your way

The BBYW option 2 -> 4 packages come with inclusive minutes to use with broadband phone (VoIP) on your broadband connection. Roaming Wireless access (BT Openzone) is a separate package at an additional cost. Details and costs here.
N/A

Broadband your way

have processed upgrade request, thanks for the help guys!
Teds31
Grafter

Broadband your way

Decided to go BBYW option2 but on holiday next week so will wait till I return,another small point today I have got to 2.5GBb peak time in the 2nd week of my month and I notice the scale has moved to 8Gb is there any reason for this,in the past it usually stayed at 4Gb.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Broadband your way

I notice the scale has moved to 8Gb

This will be because you have used more than 4GB in total, on and off peak and the scale on the graph is changing to show this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team