cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband upgrade

N/A

Broadband upgrade

Cheesy Hi Everyone:
I recently joined Plusnet, two days ago, on their Broadband Plus package which I thought would be great at 2 megabyte and £15, I thought it was too good to be true and it was because my bittorrent download speeds have really hit the floor compared to my previous ISP, less than 10k, I expected some slow down but not that slow.

So I've got one peice of advice for people- don't believe what you read on these review sites because they gave me the impression that plusnet was the best thing since sliced bread and were ultimately the reason why I switched.

Anyway speaking of switching, I'm left with no chose but to upgrade but before I do I want to get some advice as I have a few questions.

I am currently signed up to the Broadband Plus 2 mega annual contract package.

If there are any hidden charges for when you are just upgrading your package and not changing your speed?

How long does the upgrade take?

And when is the first payment of £21 taken?

If you can help with these questions or have some more advice to give, it will be appreciated.
Thanx
2 REPLIES
N/A

Broadband upgrade

Plusnet :lol: Stay a while stay forever...!

The best thing since sliced bread? Where do you buy you bread from Neto.

No seriously PN premier services is best. I had one little probelm with sync and that was sorted with the click of a button. my god I can down load at 991kb a sec on a 1 meg service
:lol:
Lovin it thanks PN
Community Veteran

Broadband upgrade

BB+ clearly states in it's product description that it is not for P2 apps.

From the data transfer tab of the product description page here (my highlights in bold):
With Broadband Plus you can use any type of Internet services you want. In order to ensure we deliver a high level of service, during busy periods we will give priority to services such as web browsing and email and a lower priority to high usage services such as downloading and file sharing.

Broadband Plus is based on a 50:1 PlusNet network contention.

If you regularly file-share and download, take a look at Broadband Premier. With a 30:1 PlusNet network contention, Broadband Premier offers a premium service and is suitable for Internet enthusiasts and families.

As with all ISPs and products, you should research the product details properly before signing up.

If there are any hidden charges for when you are just upgrading your package and not changing your speed?

It is free to upgrade from BB+ to premier
How long does the upgrade take?

Les than a day and usually within a few hours of the upgrade order being accepted. as no speed changes (i.e. BT) are involved.
And when is the first payment of £21 taken?

On your next normal payment date. You will have to pay an addition fee to cover the extra daily cost of premier for the period left before your normal payment day - i.e. the daily differ between £14.99 & £21.99 * no days left in your billing period.