cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed

N/A

Broadband speed

When I go into my account and click high speed broad band it tells me my line is running at 8000kbps. When I do a speed test it tells me It is working at 1663kbps. So what happened to 8 meg broadband. Or am I just mis reading things. :?:

mrmick.
46 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Broadband speed

I've given your account a nudge in our system, this should correct the 2Mb speeds. Disconnect your modem/router reconnect and it should be running faster. It may take 24 hours to come through completely.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Broadband speed

Thanks chris, but again what happened to 8Mb,or as I said have I mis understood.

Mick
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Broadband speed

Sorry Mick I should have been clearer, the reason for you only seeing speeds of up to 2 Mb was a discrepancy between our and BT Wholesale systems, I have updated this and you should be able to achieve the full speed possible on your line.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Broadband speed

Thanks Chris,

Mick
N/A

Broadband speed

Again today I have done a speed test and it shows 1.9mb which is better but still not 8mb. So is the problem with my line, my exchange or am I expecting something thats not there. Can I check my line to see if it will accept high seed broad band, if so how.

Mick
N/A

Broadband speed

I just had a look at my Plusnet Member Centre settings and it says "your current broadband speed is 500 kbps.
Usually it says 1,000kbps. I'm on DSL Max. Just went to speedtest.net and it gives me 257kbps/351kbps.

I usually get (on a good day) 970kbps/360kbps.

Am I being punished for asking for my MAC ? :roll:
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Broadband speed

Again today I have done a speed test and it shows 1.9mb which is better but still not 8mb. So is the problem with my line, my exchange or am I expecting something thats not there. Can I check my line to see if it will accept high seed broad band, if so how.

Something very odd here with the BT database, I've submitted an order to correct it which should be done in the morning.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Broadband speed

Am I being punished for asking for my MAC ? :roll:

No, looks like your line resync'd at around 288kbps about 05/03/2007 12:41:28 so BT have decreased your throughput speed. A BT Speedtest will confirm this.
N/A

Broadband speed

OK thanks.

I'll wait for a few days and see what happens.

Perhaps a cow ate thru the cable I live next to a farm. Smiley
N/A

Broadband speed

Dave, am I jumping the gun here. Has everyone been upgraded automaticaly, or do we still need to request an upgrade to 8Mb.
Mick
N/A

Broadband speed

It needs to be requested manually in most cases. (Some were done automatically in the deep and distant past)

Until you are put on the rate adaptive product (MaxDSL) your speed will show as 8000kbps in the portal on the 'high speed broadband' page.

You can request the upgrade by visiting http://max.plus.net

(Its free Wink )
N/A

Broadband speed

Thanks James. That explains my problem. I asumed every one had been upgraded which is why I am still on 2Mg.
N/A

Broadband speed

After getting the request, it seems to be taking PN around a week to sort the upgrade.

Did you follow the link and make the request?
N/A

Broadband speed

Yes thanks.
Mick