cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed decreased

N/A

Hi,
Whats going on here, I havn't done a speed test since June 2006 until today, Recently I have noticed my speed decreasing and things getting slower. I completed a speed test tonight and i'm getting speeds around the 2mb mark. Does anyone know why this is happening?, I'm quite annoyed to say the least.

From viewing the connection settings page it says my line is capable of 5500kbps, why is this not the case? My speed has decreased from 4mb to 2mb since June.
2 REPLIES
N/A

I'd have a look in the community support forum and see if any of the many speed related issues sound like the problem your having.
flicker
Grafter

You're lucky, I wish I was getting 2MB, I have had my broadband checked officially tonight and they say there is nothing wrong with it! Ha ha ha. Here's some of my speed test results for tonight -
06-12-2006 17:20:11 104.4
06-12-2006 17:13:41 145.5
06-12-2006 17:12:28 168.2

It's now back to normal at 1925kpbs now that all the kiddies are in bed. It's diabolical between 5 pm and 11pm, but of course, there's nothing wrong with it. :roll: I am disgusted and will now look elsewhere I think, I'm not putting up with those sort of speeds all night. My pc is my life every evening using forums and browsing and chatting with friends online, and at present its nearly impossible to do any of them. It takes too long to load webpages, its like being back on dial up. Evil