cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband packages

obitus
Grafter

Broadband packages

Just wondering,, as im a bit confused at the packages on offer.. under broadband plus 2MB is only £24.99 / month with 58.75 to pay per year? and it is unlimited, as im still using the 512k package at £19.99/month and have been for a couple of years now....
12 REPLIES
N/A

RE Packages

Broadband Plus has something called "traffic shaping" (I think that is what it is called). Look through the pages on PlusNet's site:

http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/broadband_plus.shtml

In simple terms it means that if you uses P2P or anything like that it will be a lot slower.
LiamM
Grafter

Broadband packages

Also, you don't pay £58.75 per year. This is the one-off Activation Fee to enable your line for ADSL. You pay £58.75 if you want to be placed on a Annual contract, or £70.50 for a monthly contract.

If you are already a Plusnet Broadband customer (which you say you are), then these Activation Fees do not apply to you.
chymorva
Grafter

Broadband packages

If you are already a Plusnet Broadband customer (which you say you are), then these Activation Fees do not apply to you.

Correct me if I am wrong Liam, but I thought only PN customers could get to theses parts of the forums :?
LiamM
Grafter

Broadband packages

Indeed they can, however, Dialup Customers can get here too.
chymorva
Grafter

Broadband packages

Aah. Good point Liam. Hadn't thought about that one. Shockedops:

Thanks.
LiamM
Grafter

Broadband packages

No problem. Though I don't really know why I mentioned it because the OP stated he was on PN Broadband.
obitus
Grafter

Broadband packages

Hmm when you say 'alot slower' do you mean slower than my current speed or just slower compared to the 2mb service and i play alot of games online i take it that would affect the traffic shaping?
N/A

Broadband packages

As you will soon be able to get Premier 2Meg for £21.99 without FUP, it would seem BB Plus 2MB @ £24.99 is somewhat redundant!
obitus
Grafter

Broadband packages

when will this happen? i suppose i should just wait then
LiamM
Grafter

Broadband packages

April 28th.
N/A

Broadband packages

The FUP has been abandoned. There are a couple of threads about it in the Feedback forum. You can get 2Meg Premier for £21.99 without the FUP, as of the 28th I believe. Therefore there doesnt seem to be any benefit to going with 2Meg BB+
obitus
Grafter

Broadband packages

Ah i really should browse the forums before i post Shockedops: anyway thanks for the replies!