cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband options?

N/A

Broadband options?

I want to switch from 56k to broadband in the near future,mainly so I can free up the phone and speed up surfing, I’m not really interested in P2P or newsgroups, so the basic £18.99 package seems appropriate.
My question is - how do I go about getting ADSL activated by BT if I go for the self-start option,who do I pay the activation fee to(BT or Plusnet?) and how much will it cost? (I can’t seem to find any specific info on this on +net).

If on the other hand,I did choose the easy start £24.99/month option,is it possible to downgrade after 12 months to the basic service?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Broadband options?

You sign up with PlusNet (you have no ADSL contract with BT) so all payments are made to PlusNet, not BT.

I don't know the official stance if you take the EasyStart and then change to Home Surf after a year. Hopefully, it would be a relatively painless process (with no cost associated). At worst, you might have to go through a cease and re-provide cycle, which would involve the cost of re-activation; I can't see any reason for this, however, since PlusNet should be able to cater for this change entirely internally, without recourse to BT.
N/A

Broadband options?

I see,thanks for that.
So how much does plusnet charge for activation if you opt for self-install? :?:
N/A

Broadband options?

You can change packages at the end of the year, as you are then out of contract.

It may require that you have to give one months notice to change accounts.

It shouldn't need a re-provide to change this, as it would only involve changes in the account type and payment ammounts PlusNet take. The actual service provided by BT would remain the same, unless you change to a different contention ratio or higher speed.

As noted, all the charges are by PlusNet, however, if you currently use HH or ISDN, then you will pay a conversion fee to BT, directly through your BT bill.

Should activation fail, PlusNet will reimburs you with the activation fee. If you have the HH/ISDN conversion and it fails, BT will reactivate your HH/ISDN and reimurse you the conversion fee.
N/A

Broadband options?

In reply to your reply (as replys go, replys are repying good :p )

The activation charge will vary between packages and contracts.

For Easy Start, it is included in your monthly fee.

For Home and Home Surf, you pay based on the contract type.

The following types are available.

Included: A 12 month contract, activation charges are spread over the 12 month within your monthly fee.

12 Month: A 12 month contract, activation fee is a one-off fee when you signup. Currently £58.75

1 Month: A monthly contract, activation is a one-off fee when you signup. Currently £70.50
N/A

Broadband options?

Thanks,that's what I wanted to know.