cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband line activation

N/A

Hi I recently odered a broadband subscription and my current status reads activating your line my query is that the date specified alough thos may change is the 9th of june.Can your line be activated on a weekend or should i definitly expect this date to change
5 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The dates we get for activation are usually estimates based on information given to us by BT. We usually set the date on the ADSL tracker to be the day after the BT estimated date for two reasons 1) because BT can activate the line at any time of the day and 2) because it takes a few hours from activation for BT to let us know the line is active.

In some cases the actual broadband on the line can be activated a day or two earlier than this estimated date. So whilst I wouldn't expect the date on the tracker to change, if you've already got a modem/router it's worth checking a day or two before the activation date to see if it's active early.
N/A

thanks dave 1 last question I have 2 active BT phone points in my house should I expect both to be DSL activated or just the 1 i,m not sure how this works.
N/A

Both point's go to the same line so yes all point's in your home will be BB activated, and will therefore any telephone point in your home will need micro-filters. hope that answer's your question.

It isn't the point's that are activated with broadband but your actual telephone line.
N/A

thanks for the replies very much appreciated.
N/A

you are very welcome!