cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband in the home ???

N/A

Right my brother is coming back home to live with us. I have broadband installed already on my pc but he wants it on his. I know you can network it but when he gets on the internet he will use it all day and i wont be able to use xbox live etc. So i was thinking geting another phone line. If i got another phone installed in to my house would he be able to get his own broadband connection for his pc.

Thanks all
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Yes.
N/A

Nice one thought so just making sure
N/A

Re: Broadband in the home ???

I know you can network it but when he gets on the internet he will use it all day and i wont be able to use xbox live etc.

Why would you not be able to use xbox live?

Surely there's nothing to stop you having a router and plugging both the pc and the xbox into it?
N/A

Well if i only have 256k upload yeah. And hes using the pc to download and use it in general. My connection on xbox live is gonna suck ass. Maybe if we had 1mb upload i would not need to get a 2nd line
N/A

Well if i only have 256k upload yeah. And hes using the pc to download and use it in general. My connection on xbox live is gonna suck <a href="http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/faq.php#1">[censored]</a>. Maybe if we had 1mb upload i would not need to get a 2nd line

Maybe.. But I'm sure I know people sharing lines between PCs and Xboxes that aren't SDSL.

To be honest I would try and test out your speed before investing in another line, which would doubtless come at some expense.