cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband failure - New Malden, London Exchange??

N/A

My broadband access disappeared sometime after Monday evening. Tried all the usual unplug and turn off and on suggestions on the telephone menu system - all to no avail. The error my Netgear DG834G is reporting is variously 'LCP is down', 'Initialize LCP' or 'LCP is allowed to come up' - LCP appears to be 'Link Control Protocol'. My Netgear DG834G (version 1) has the latest firmware (version 3.01.25) and has been working fine for many months ever since I bought it.

I've logged a ticked and the automated checks report a failure and that 'the fault may be caused by a problem with [PlusNet's] systems'. The 'request' has now gone to the 'correct team for review' - I just saw the status was 'Awaiting my Response'. Which is a bit daft since it says there's a failure. So I've replied to the question, saying no, I wasn't satisfied with the answer, and now the status has changed to 'Awaiting Support Team answer'. Does it really mean in the interim no-one was looking at it?!?

A bit worried reading all the other posts here about how long before anyone gets back to me. Anyone else on this exchange (020 8942)?

Also - how can I tell if they've started LLU this exchange? I haven't received any e-mails saying there were going to be any changes...
6 REPLIES
N/A

But you haven't said if you're still syncing with the exchange - the Netgear's "i" light should be lit fairly constantly green.
N/A

No, that light's permanently out - it doesn't come on at all.
N/A

If you've isolated your extension wiring and plugged directly into the master (ideally the test socket behind) then it would suggest a line fault or maybe your modem is zapped.
N/A

Yup - I think it's a fault on PlusNet's side. Their online test says there's a failure and that they'll be in contact.

So it sounds like I'm joining the waiting game. According to the customer service statistics the 'average' waiting time for a 'question' to be answered is 12 hours 46 minutes and 12 seconds.

Worryingly connection faults are fixed on AVERAGE after 13 days 23 hours, 12 minutes and 38 seconds.

I hope that's not true. I suppose I should get a refund of half a month's bill if it takes that long...
N/A

Well - I have a reply to my online question: My fault has been referred to my supplier - they will take 48-72 hours (probably plus weekend) - but I guess that's to be expected. I even have a supplier's fault reference number.

So I'm hoping it's moving forward...
N/A

I had a problem yesterday no connection and got an answer saying the problem may be with their systems. Working today fortunately.